War

It'd been a month since you lived with Rosaria in the cabin. Everyday, you continued with a beating heart, yet it only beat for her.

There was a war coming and you everyone knew it, several meetings had been held since the previous fight. Sometime your state was brought up in these, whether you were to remain human, or if Rosaria would turn you. Yet everytime Rosaria would change the subject.

You wanted to fight alongside the love of your life, or at least be strong enough to not die immediately at the hands of another vampire. Yet Rosaria didn't seem too worried.

"Please Rosaria. It's safest for everyone", you pleaded after the conclusion of the most recent meeting regarding the ending of this war.

"Don't tell me what's safest Y/N. No one will lay a finger on you", she replied nonchalantly.

"But I can help."

"I'm not going to take away your life just for the sake of this war", she continued.

"You told me yourself that's the only outcome, not to mention it's the only way I'll have forever with you", you argued.

"Your safety is my priority Y/N and we have plenty of time", grabbing her by her wrist you turned her to face you stopping her preparations for a moment.

"I'm going to die Rosaria, in the end old age, cancer, this war, in the end I will die long before you Rosaria and if I do survive this war as a human, I'll grow old while you'll still remain like this", you continued pleading.

"Then let's enjoy every moment we have. When the time is right Y/N", she gave you quick kiss before getting back to work.

You knew it was a big decision but you had decided, you were ready to give your life away for her.

In a few days the war would come to an end, over the past month people had been dying left right and centre, that was their way of taunting you, police have been categorising them as animal attacks, or even a serial killer.

Rosaria and the others have been patrolling the woods, most of the time it would end in a fight, they had greater numbers, greater strength, but they lacked the coordination the others had. Which ultimately was their downfall. Although many of them were picked off in these patrols it still wasn't enough to make a dent in their numbers.

At the end of each day you would try to reason with Rosaria. You were ready to commit to a forever with her, you wanted to at least stand a fighting chance in case things went wrong. Yet each time she still shut you down.

With only a few nights remaining before the final fight, Rosaria became more panicky, more fidgety, she was on edge at all times. It had reached a point where she was eating less and less.

Finding her sat in the lounge you joined her sitting on the couch, her attention was clearly elsewhere you're not even sure if she'd notices your presence yet.

Resting your head on her shoulder, you felt her tense up for a moment before relaxing. She began running her hand through your hair.

"You seem tired", you whispered. Rosaria finally looked at you now her gaze was soft, but she appeared exhausted.

"You know I don't sleep Y/N", she chuckled lightly.

"I know that", you responded before sitting up and pulling your hair to the side tilting your head further exposing your neck.

"Y/N", she whispered almost sounding guilty.

"Shut up. You need this and I don't want you turning into a total zombie before this fight of life or death", you explained shutting down her attempt to decline.

"Well first things first. Zombies aren't real"

"And neither were vampires until a few months ago", you joked

"Second. I can't ask you to do this for me Y/N",

"You're not asking. I'm telling. Please", the final word was hushed as you pleaded with her.

You heard her let out a sigh of defeat before tucking a stray strand of hair. You felt her kiss the spot her soft lips on your skin was a feeling you'd never get tired of.

The sharp sting of her teeth followed. You let out an almost breathy moan. Causing Rosaria to pull away from your neck for a moment.

"Was that a moan I just heard Y/N?", she teased.

"Shut up", you mumbled turning away your blushed face.

Her cool hand on your face turned you back to her gaze.
"I'm starting to think this is more for your sake than mine", she continued teasing causing your face to heat up more.
Before you could turn away however she pressed her lips to yours. It was a soft kiss but did not lack any passion as she slipped her tongue into your mouth. The taste of your blood still faintly on her lips.

Pulling away from the kiss you saw her face briefly flash to one of shock and then concern.
"Stop trying to distract me", you ordered pulling your hair to the side once more. You saw the very obvious eye roll from Rosaria before she spoke.

"Maybe I just wanted to kiss my amazing girlfriend", she defended sarcastically but you weren't falling for it and didn't budge.
"Alright", she mumbled in defeat. Straddling your hips, she pulled your lips back to hers her hand moving to your hair holding it in the same positing leaving your neck exposed.

You felt your entire body heat up at the action, her body on top of yours, it was a sight and sensation you'd never grow tired of. The moment she broke from the kiss you braces yourself for the bite.

... Which didn't follow. Instead she began kissing and leaving hickey's all over your neck.

"Now you're just teasing me", you said earning a chuckle from the woman.

"Only a little", she defended.

Before sinking her teeth into your flesh once more. Clinging to her back for support you tried to avoid letting out any sounds.

Her cold hand slipped under your shirt, finding your breast she began gently massaging it as she sucked at your neck.

You let out a breathy whimper, you felt her smirk against your skin as she continued rubbing your breast, occasionally squeezing. You buried your face into her shoulder in an attempt to hide your sounds but with little success.

"I love hearing how much you enjoy this Y/N", she spoke quietly kissing your neck where she had previously bitten.
You simply hummed in response keeping your face buried in her shoulder. Retracting her hand from your breast she stood from the couch, picking you up with ease.

"Now you should get some rest", she added carrying you back to the bedroom.
Your draped your arms around her neck and kept your legs wrapped securely around her torso.

Gently untangling you she placed you on the mattress, turning to leave you gave her a final pleading look. Letting out a sigh in response she climbed into bed with you, wrapping an arm around you pulling your body in close. You wrapped yourself around her, the coolness of her skin sending shivers down your spine which she combatted by giving you plenty of blankets.

"I love you", you mumbled half asleep resting your head on her chest.
"I love you too", she replied her voice hushed as you finally fell asleep.