17

Everything has changed since the day of the announcement, my mother doesn't talk to me and my father just throw disappointed gazes at me but don't say anything else.

The day after the announcement, Eugene's father came and he was over the moon, after all our kingdom is the largest kingdom and much more stronger than theirs. Suddenly Eugene's respect increased in his father's eyes which was a plus for Eugene who looked smug about it. We both were getting whatever we wanted but..

But there is this intense feeling whenever I see Ares, I feel like I am doing wrong. Whenever I see him with any other girl, I don't feel good. Eugene's sister has become a biggest fan of Ares since she came and hasn't left his side.

I can see Ares is bothered by her presence but he didn't said anything. I wanted to strangles Kate's head for even going near Ares but I don't know I am feeling this now when I am betrothed to someone else that too with my own choice. I feel like I am going crazy!

The wedding is to be happen next week that too on my insistence. I want to get over with it so I won't feel anything for Ares. I don't want to act upon my feelings that I had buried deep in my heart long ago. I love... no I don't! I don't love him! Yes I don't!

That's something I have been telling myself for years now.

"Are you alright?" A hand touched mine and when I looked up at the person I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Don't you dare touch me again!" I hissed at which he immediately moved away from me and looked embarassed. I was standing in the garden alone when Eugene decided that I needed his company.

"I was just passing through and ... I saw you here ... so I stopped to ask you... i apologize!" He said at which I rolled my eyes.

"When is your sister leaving?" I asked unconsciously and then cursed myself for asking about her.

"Uh... she would stay here till the wedding and... you don't like her presence here?" He asked me. I wanted to say no but then thought otherwise.

"Just tell her to not order around my people like they are her servants, I won't endure her mistreating my people" I said which is a truth. Agatha had complained that she had seen Kate hitting a maid who was appointed to take care of her and she has also been harassing other workers.

"I apologize from her side, it won't happen again. And I promise you she will leave after the wedding.. if.." He paused as if thinking something.

"If?" I asked.

"I have heard that my father is planning to find a suitor for my sister, Kate!" He said and that caught my attention. So finally she would leave Ares.

"Oh that's good for her!" I said with a smirk.

"But I don't like his choice!" He frowned.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"He has chosen a man from your kingdom for her, actually it was Kate's wish!" He huffed and that alerts me..

"Who is it?" I asked all of sudden turning serious.

"Your commander, Ares!" He huffed annoyingly.

"Kate said she has fallen for Ares but between you and me she fall in love every month with a new guy but this time she told father that she want to marry him." He said and I turn red in anger. How dare she, that little b*t*h!

"Hey.. are you alright?" He said as he took in my angry state.

"Tell you father to drop this idea!" I hissed out.

"What but.. why ?" He asked frowning.

"Because I.Said.So!" I growled at which he gulped and nodded.

"And I want your sister gone by tomorrow, do whatever you can!" I hissed and turn around to leave.

"But... listen to me... princess.. it's.. " I didn't hear and went straight to my room. As I was about to turn in a hallway I bumped in a hard body. I groaned at the impact, I was about to yell at the person but stopped midway.

"You! Are you blind?" I hissed now angry at him.

"I can say the same, you know" he retorted. I glared at him and realized his arms were still around me as he broke my fall few seconds ago after I bumped into him but for some reason I didn't feel uncomfortable with his touch instead I felt comfortable.

"You have no right to talk to me like that!" I said. He removed his hand from me and stepped back a little but a smirk was running in his lips.

"I apologize, princess. I was in hurry!" He apologized but he doesn't look sorry at all.

"Oh here you are, Ares!" Came a screeching voice from behind him. I looked up to see Kate coming our way. She is pretty there is no doubt about that but she is annoying as hell. I looked back at Ares who groaned as his smirk vanished. Oh so he was running away from her.

"I didn't know you are so popular with the ladies!" I tried to joke but that came out accusing.

"You never asked!" He shrugged. I was about to retort back when Kate came beside him and held his arm.

"I was looking for you all around the castle, come my father wants to talk to you!" She said and I glared at the place where she was touching Ares.

"Stop!" I said and both of them looked at me.

"You acnt take him anywhere!" I bit back trying to be as calm as I can bit inside I was seething.

"Why?" She asked me.

"Because he is my commander and I need him right now!" I said as I jerk her hand away from his arm. And pull him to my side, I even go as far as to hide him behind me which wasn't enough as he was double my size. She looked at me with puppy eyes which I wasn't buying.

"And you are leaving back to your country!" I hissed.

"What?.. who told you .. I mean I wasn't informed..." she started.

"Well you are informed now, so ... leave!" I hissed out loud and she flinched back. She look once at Ares and then turn around not before glaring at me. But when I glared back hard at her she removed her gaze away.

"Uhmm" I heard someone clear their throat from behind. I close my eyes for a moment, and then turn towards him. He was too close so I took a step back.

"Were you jealous?" He asked me and I stood there gobsmacked by his forwardness.

"What ... no.. why would I be ...?" I said at which he smirked.

"Yes you are right, you don't have any reason to. You won't care of I would marry her, right?" He said and I frowned.

"She is not that bad.. she is annoying but .. beautiful. Don't you think?" He asked me while looking at my face carefully. I narrowed my eyes at him as I was fuming with anger.

"Fine! go and marry her then,!" I hissed and was about to leave when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.

"You still have time. Please stop everything, stop doing that to yourself. I know you don't want that!" He almost pleaded me, and for a moment I melt but then I thought back to all the times I was compared to him and was looked down on by my own parents and I push him away.

"This is what I want, get that in your head!" I said and left.