10

Finally, after three long painful days, we reach our journey, I stepped out off the ship and sighed in relief. There was a carriage already waiting for me. The men were all on horses as I and the girls took our places in the carriage.

It's about an hour-long journey to reach their estate. I am already so sick of travelling, from now on Lilith would be the one visiting me. This is the first and last time I ever travelled on a ship.

"We are here!" Moly said with excitement and I sighed. Unconsciously my face erupted in a wide grin as the thought of meeting my best friend hits me. After a year I am going to meet her.

As I stepped out of the carriage holding my dress in my hand. I was expecting Lilith to welcome me but she was nowhere to be seen and my mood soured instantly, instead, I came face to face with a beaming Duke Edward, Lilith's husband.

"Your highness!" He bowed a little, no doubt he was teasing me as usual. But I like him, he is good for Lilith.

"Duke Edward!" I curtsied and then looked around.

"Where is she? I am beginning to think you have caged her somewhere because nothing else explains why she isn't here right now!" I huffed at that he grimaced.

"I would never do that!" He said, he has good humour and we often bicker but when it comes to Lilith he never takes anything as a joke.

"Come, see for yourself. It would be better... uh that way!" He hesitated a little and that piques my interest. He then turn towards Ares who was standing just behind me. They shake each other's hand, they haven't met before but perhaps he knows already who he is.

"Nice to meet you, commander. I have heard alot about you." He said to Ares who returned the greetings. I cleared my throat.

"Shall we?" I raised my brow at which Edward shook his head as if I am little child throwing tantrums.

"Let's go!" He said and we walk inside, after crossing several hallways and stairs we reach outside a double door. Ares was beside me as I entered my eyes widen when I took in the view infront of me.

Now I know why she didn't visit me all this time and why she wasn't downstairs. My eyes stilled on her huge round belly, when she sae me she sat up and smiled widely.

"My Nora!" She exclaimed happily and tried to stand up but I beat her to it as I hugged her as far as her protruding belly could let me. I felt tears in my eyes after seeing her after so long. She is my most favourite person in this whole world.

"Nora dear, don't cry. I missed you so much" she told me but I stayed glued to her trying to contain my tears. I don't anyone to see me like this but then I heard her telling everyone to leave. She knows me too well.

Once we were alone I stepped away from her. She wiped my tears with a small smile.

"I am not crying!" I told her as I looked away. She chuckled lightly and held me hands. My eyes fell on her belly.

"You are with a child!" I stated. She smiled lightly as with other hand she caressed her belly.

"The baby would be here anytime now!" She told me.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I asked as I was hurt that she didn't tell me before.

"I... I was scared of how you will react" she said.

"Lilith I am happy for you, I am so so happy for you." I told her genuinely happy for her. She smiled at me!

"Thank you for coming here, I wanted you to be here while I gave birth" she said and looked nervous as she looked down.

"What is it?" I asked sensing her turmoil.

"I want to ask something of you!" She said with such seriousness.

"Don't over react or worry, just listen to me first.." she said as if she already know how I would react.

"Lilith!" I narrowed my eyes, she is worrying me.

"If ... uhm if something happens to me .. I mean it's not that I am sure something will happen to me... but if something happens to me I want you to take care of my baby, I want you to give love of a mother to my baby. I don't want my baby to live without love of a mother. I can only trust you with my baby. Please just promise me, you will ..
" I cuts her off.

"Nothing will happens to you or else I will kill your beloved husband for putting you through all this. I am telling you!" I gritted, my anger flared up at the thought of something happening to her.

"You will be fine and will be there to take care of your baby!" I said sternly, she smile sadly at me.

"I hope so too but if.. it does happen I want your word!" My stubborn cousin said and I feel like pulling my hair.

"Alright but you will me promise me on thing too!" I said at that she smiled widely and nodded her head for me to continue.

"I want you to fight till the end, not giving up!" I said and her eyes teared up.

"I promise!" She said and is stood up.

"Now you need to take rest, I will meet you later" I said and she nodded.

I then made my way out, I came face to face with Ares and Edward who were busy in a conversation. When they saw me Edward came to me but I held him by his collar.

"If anything happens to her I will kill you!" With a jerk I left his collar and stepped back.

"I mean that!" I glared at him and he visibly gulped and nodded. Then I turn around and left. Molly came running to me and showed me towards my room.

When I was inside I told the girls to get out, I only broke when I was alone. If anything happens to her what will I do? I have heard a lot of women dies during childbirth and I don't want the same for Lilith. I shouldn't have let her marry!