Chapter One

Sophie:

Bang. Bang, bang. The sound of gunshots rang through my ears as I hit the middle of the target with each shot. I was always in terrible moods according to some of my... acquaintances, but today I was in a particularly bad one because of what today was. The anniversary of my parents death. I wasn't necessarily sad, but more so angry at everything I had gone through. I switched my focus back to the targets, effortlessly hitting each one. In my peripheral, I saw a couple figures walk into the target practice room. I sighed, more new recruits, I thought bitterly.

I heard the executive Mr. Forkle call me over. I decided to keep the gun in my hand, because, well, you never know what might happen. As I walked over, I saw that it was a rather large group of recruits, there were 7 of them all standing together, they look like friends, I noticed. I came to a stop in front of them, and a few stared nervously at the gun in my hand.

"Agent Moonlark" he greeted, giving me a nod. I raised my eyebrow in a questioning look.

"Trainees, this is our best agent, Sophie Foster, and she will be helping train you all until you are ready to teach recruits yourself" he introduced her.

"Hi! I'm Biana, but you can call me B! Gosh, I'm so excited to be here! Changing the world and all, that is!" the brunette exclaimed.

"Don't mind my overly excited sister. I'm Fitz, and over there is Linh, Tam, Wylie, Marella, and Ke-" he said getting cut off by the blonde boy.

"I am in perfect shape to introduce myself" he said, playfully shoving Fitz, "Keefe Sencen, at your service" he said, dipping down into an exaggerated bow. I gave him a curt nod, only acknowledging that he was there.

"Well... uh.." Mr. Forkle stammered, not knowing what to say from there.

"It's okay everyone!" a red haired girl butted in, walking over to the uncomfortable group, "there's no need to be scared, she's really just a big cinnamon bun on the inside". I shot a glare over in her direction. she was one of the few people who had tried to befriend me, failed, but was still nice and friendly.

"Hi! I'm Elise! It's nice to meet you all!" she said, smiling at each one in turn. I just stared at them all, making sure to keep any emotion off my face.

"Umm... You don't look that friendly" Wylie said, talking to me. In response, I cocked the gun in my hands, gave him a cold smile, reached out and fired it at the last target while still looking at him. I stalked off to avoid any further question and sensed them behind me looking at where I hit the bullseye. I could also hear Elise sighing at my behavior back by the others.

As I walked down the hallway to where my dorm was, I thought back to the newcomers. Remember, don't get attached, I scolded myself, walking through the doorway. But there was something curious about them, and I couldn't place it. I collapsed on my bed and stared up at the ceiling, mindlessly tracing a scar on the palm of my hand. Nobody needs to know, nobody CAN know, I muttered to myself, drifting off into a restless sleep.

A/N- Hello readers! Thank you so much to all those who have started reading my story, I really appreciate it! I know that I am slow on updates, and probably will be for a couple more weeks, but please bear with me. Word count for my first chapter is 552. There will be longer chapters in the future, but for now this an accomplishment for me. Thank you for staying with me, and any suggestions are welcome.- Horsey109