Exposing a Traitor (Lana Beniko)

Почніть із самого початку

Lana then unexpectedly wrapped her arms around you; encasing you in a tight hug. You sighed and reflexively hugged her back; your eyes closing thanks to the embrace. Lana meant the world to you, and to see her this passionate about something just reinforced your trust in her statement about your old master, "I'm just kidding. I wouldn't chicken out and leave you to deal with Arkous yourself. Let's go."

"Thank you, (Y/N). You don't know how much this means to me to have your trust. I feel like we are unstoppable together," Lana replied while placing a soft kiss on your cheek; your cheeks glowing bright red from your blush, "I know we can stop him together."

The two of you walked towards Lana's ship and quickly got on it. Arkous should still be on the planet the two of you are on now, but he's far enough where you'd need to fly instead of travel by foot. It wouldn't be a long flight, and you decided to use this time to reflect on how far you and Lana had come from being Akrous' apprentices.

The two of you both started out as scared, weak, and pitiful children who had no idea of their own abilities. Thanks to the sternness and strictness of Arkous, the two of you became valiant and powerful Sith apprentices, and now, the two of you were going to use your abilities to destroy the one who trained you.
It was a bit sad, as you'd always looked up to your old master, but this went beyond just yours and Lana's feelings. Arkous could potentially destroy the entirety of the Sith Order, and only you two could stop him.

After a few minutes, the two of you reached where Darth Arkous was staying. It was a small hut on the outskirts of the planet; small enough to draw no attention towards it if anyone was passing by.
You grabbed your lightsaber off your belt and sighed; walking towards the hut with Lana by your side.

You could sense nervousness emanating off Lana, and you stopped to grab her hand. She glanced down as your hand wrapped around hers, then looked up to meet your eyes, "Relax. We are stronger together, and I need you focused right now. Arkous will kill us if we don't do our very best against him. I won't let him hurt you, and I know you won't let him hurt me."

Lana exhaled through her nose; steeling her courage, then nodded with determination, "Okay, yes. You're right, (Y/N). I'm sorry— this is just so hard for me."

"It's so unbelievably hard for me too, Lana," you whispered back while pulling her into a hug, "It's the most difficult thing I think I've ever had to do. Arkous was like a father to us. I never anticipated that he would betray us and the Sith code. It's all he's ever known."

As those last words left your lips, both you and Lana grew ridged as a sensation of fear and guilt wracked your bodies. You glanced at the house and noticed two piercing red eyes belonging to Arkous were staring at you. He had regret in them, and he knew why his two apprentices were here,

"I guess you two know then," his familiar, booming voice said as he stepped from the shadows. There was regret in his eyes, but it wasn't enough to convince him to not betray the Order, "I am sorry that I had to do it. The Sith are corrupt and I just can't live this life anymore. Please, I am begging the two of you to turn back and pretend you don't know a thing. I don't want to have to kill you both."

You blinked back the urge to cry. This was like confronting a father— you shouldn't have to do this,
"We're sorry, master, but our mind is made up and our loyalties lie with the Sith. This will be the hardest thing Lana and I will ever have to do, but we can't let you go through with destroying our plan to attack the Jedi."

Darth Arkous nodded and sighed; his red eyes snapping shut as a wave of sadness overtook him, "It seems I might've trained the two of you too well. No matter, I will have to defend myself."

"It wouldn't be a fair fight if you didn't," Lana replied while unsheathing her red lightsaber; you following in suite with your (F/C) lightsaber.

Then, Arkous unsheathed his blade. When you were just an apprentice, you had nightmares about your master's lightsaber. Such power he wielded with those blades. You never thought you'd ever be on the receiving end of them, yet here you were.

Glancing quickly at Lana, the two of you decided to attack separate sides of Arkous, as his one lightsaber couldn't block both of your attacks. Lana took his back side and you took his front. Then, the real battle began.

There was a reason your old master received the title of 'Darth.' He was scarily-talented in the ways of the force as well as lightsaber combat, and this battle proved just that. Lana would swing her lightsaber and Arkous with expertly block it while using the force on your end to block your oncoming blade. This was a huge challenge, but you knew since Arkous was using copious amounts of force energy, he would run out of steam quicker than you and Lana would.

You gritted your teeth in desperation as you swung your lightsaber at your old master. He was seemingly having no issues taking on you and your friend, but he was beginning to wear down. That's when he began to grow desperate.
Extending his fingers out, he shook both you and Lana's bodies to the core with a dose of powerful force lightning!

You screamed as your body was carelessly cast to the side; Lana landing painfully beside you as Arkous performed more and more blasts of lightning into both of your bodies,
"You should've heeded my advice, young ones," Arkous commented with sadness in his voice, "I don't want to have to kill you."

Lana screamed and reflexively grabbed your hand for support. That one move she did inspired a fit of rage inside of you; a rage that had only one goal. To protect Lana Beniko from the wrath of your master!
You extended your hand that wasn't wrapped around Lana's and used the force. A transparent dome encased the two of you; the lighting blasting away from the impact.

Arkous ceased his attack and stared at you in curiosity, "Very good, (Y/N). I never anticipated you'd be able to stop my attack. You've made this quite interesting."

"That's not the goal," you winced while shakily standing up; the pain from the force lightning still streaming through your veins, "The goal is to stop your betrayal and to protect Lana! You will go down."

Arkous' brow stiffened as he realized you weren't playing around. That was when he grew serious; his concern for his old apprentices growing stale. His old Sith tendencies began to blossom back into fruition; his concern for his own life overshadowing his concern for his apprentices— essentially his children.

He pulled his lightsaber up, and the two of you began your fight. Lana was still recovering on the floor behind you, and her weakness turned into your strength.
It was the most difficult battle of your life. Arkous was one of the most skilled fighters you'd ever gone against, but this battle began to feel like a dual between two equals. He began to drain of his power due to his force abilities being used up, and Lana's pain was fuelling your power.

After a long, drawn out battle, you used your lightsaber to deal the finishing blow to the traitor. You sliced your (F/C) blade across Arkous' neck; severing his head away from his body.
Immediately you burst into tears.

At this point, Lana had recovered from the attacks dealt by Arkous, and she rushed over; hugging you, "You did good, (Y/N)."

"I killed him," you sniffled while shoving your head into the crook of her neck, "He was like a father to us. I killed him."

Lana sighed and kissed you on the lips; sadness on her face, "I know, but you saved our lives. You saved me and you saved the integrity of the Sith Order. I love you so much— you've done what no one else dared to do ever."

You kissed her back and sighed against her lips, "I love you too. It will take a while to get me through this loss, but at least I'll have you by my side."

"Forever and always, my love. I will never leave your side."

August 27th, 2023