Grand Inquisitor (Darth Vader)

Prompt:
When Darth Vader overhears some members in the bridge talking poorly about (Y/N), he does some observing.

Requested by dragonsfangs

She/Her

2nd POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

It's common knowledge to you that you're rather unliked by your Sisters and Brothers of the Inquisition. You were the newest of their ranks, and undoubtedly the cruelest and strongest. That wasn't even the worst part: you'd even overheard some of the Empire's Officers, and even meek Stormtrooper comment about how they hate you... they distrust you.
You were climbing the ladder fast, and you even had Darth Vader's attention, but not in the way you expected.

After all the shadowy words that raked through the minds of your underlings, you'd always expected once Lord Vader got wind of it, he'd not bother to formulate his own opinion. However, he always proved you wrong, whether if it was his ability in battle, his natural leadership skills, and now, you were surprised about how he didn't listen to a single word his people put out against you.

Now, here you are, pacing through the bridge of the Executor, Vader's personal Star Destroyer, accompanied by the Grand Inquisitor and Lord Vader himself. The Sith had a mission just for the two of you... and Vader would be coming too,
"Now listen," his voice boomed, immediately snapping both yourself and the Grand Inquisitor into an attentive state, "The Emperor himself has given these commands, so they must be done with the upmost efficiency. That is why I chose you two for this job. You're both known to be the most brutal and unforgiving in all of the Inquisitors, so I expect progress to happen."

You eyed your two bosses expectantly.
The Grand Inquisitor hated you just as much as the others, and you half guessed it was because he thought you had a chance at taking his job. You didn't think so, though. You still had so much to learn, and honestly, you didn't even want the position. Being the Grand Inquisitor had so many responsibilities that you couldn't even imagine taking on.

"What is the mission?" the Grand Inquisitor questioned, doing his best to keep his eyes on Vader. It was obvious he wanted to shift his gaze at you. He was wondering why you were invited despite the comment about the two of you being the most ruthless Inquisitors from before. He was a very prideful man, and enjoyed getting stuff done without his underlings tagging along.

Vader was gazing out the window at this point, a greenish-blue planet swirling in the distance, "That is Alderaan. There is a princess on that planet that I need captured. She is a beacon of hope for the growing Rebellion. All three of us will invade. Kill anyone who gets in the way, and if you have to, kill Princess Leia. The Emperor wants her alive, but if she has any chance of escaping, kill her without hesitation."

You pondered that for just a moment— Vader wanted you and your Master to purposefully disobey the Emperor? That didn't set right with you,
"My Lord," you stated, standing straight while looking at the terrifying Sith, "The Emperor's word is final. If he wants Princess Leia alive, we are going to bring her in alive. We won't get to the point where we have to kill her. You're working with the best of the best, and we won't disappoint."

You could feel Darth Vader's anger momentarily spiking at your unprovoked words, but he settled down almost just as fast, "Good. You both won't get second chances if you fail."

Bowing, the two of you were immediately dismissed. As you exited the room, the Grand Inquisitor grabbed your wrist. Hard,
"What the hell are you thinking?" he grumbled lowly, once he was certain the Sith Lord was out of listening range, "Don't you ever speak up to Lord Vader again. Do you want to die?"