Chapter 29 - The Beginning of the End (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Gregory was suddenly interrupted by an ungodly amount of killing intent that was directed towards him.

It was much more concentrated, yet less potent, than Puck's own from earlier, but it served it's purpose of shutting Gregory up.

And the killing intent from the older, middle aged, man sitting behind the desk in front of them.

His piercing navy blue eyes bore a hole right through Gregory's own.

He had neat white hair that was combed backwards and kept in a low braided ponytail.

He was wearing a dark navy blue suit completed with black tie and dress shoes.

His face looked rather rough with a scar over his left eye and a small grey beard on his face.

All in all, he looked like a man that saw one too many battles.

The oldest and strongest known awakener to ever exist.

This was Gregory's father, Henry Alexander Oswald.

Otherwise known as Sir. Alex.

Standing next him on his left was none other than Rebecca Washington herself, the master of the now #1 ranked guild in the world, The Black Hawk Guild.

"I did not invite you here for you to make a fool of yourself. Now shut up and sit. DOWN." Henry finished with another dose of killing intent.

"Tch." Gregory clicked his teeth in response, but begrudgingly sat back down in his chair after picking it up.

He glared at the ground to his side angrily while crossing his arms, but other than that, was completely silent.

"Now, back to the matter at hand...." Henry turned to face a stone faced Puck. "Mr. Gier I-"

"Puck is fine." Puck says, cutting him off mid sentence, causing Rebecca to smirk and Henry to have to compose himself once more.

"Look at you....looks like you finally decided to grow up!" Rebecca exclaimed teasingly, only to receive a a signal to be quiet from Henry in response.

"Yes....now....Puck, I assume I don't have to explain to you our current situation. The world, as we know it, is ending. Even now as we speak, portals and dungeon breaks are spreading all over the world at a rate that we just can't stop. Even Europe, with it's surplus of awakened, has fallen and become a no fly zone. America is taking in as many refugees as they can, but it's beginning to catch up. We need to know, if you have any idea or information at all as to what is going on or how this happened.... Please.... We need to know." Henry says with a hint of urgency in his voice.

Rebecca looked solum at this, more so than either with Zuri or Gregory.

Puck, on the other hand, looked more annoyed than anything.

He gently massaged his temples and let out a small sigh as he tried to think of a way out of this predicament.

"Please Puck...."

The sound of something wet hitting the floor reached Puck's ears and his eyes widen when he noticed that the sounds originated from Rebecca.

She was looking at the floor, but the fact that she was visibly shaking made it all too clear that she was cry.

Her fists were balled up tight as she tried to reign her emotions back in, and failed miserably.

"Please....there has to be something...." She chocked out once more.

Puck couldn't begin to understand what was happening, but then he remembered....

Rebecca's parents lived in England....