(*spitting noise)

"Where were you wrong?" He asked lowly, a hint of teasing in his tone. Jiang Zhilan swallowed slightly, red slowly creeping up his neck. His gaze flickered down and he suddenly reached up, wrapping his arms around Liu Qingyuan's neck. Neither party could retreat.

"I was wrong," Jiang Zhilan's tone was slightly sticky and Liu Qingyuan vaguely felt that his heart was itchy. "Qingyuan..." After hesitating for a moment, Liu Qingyuan closed the remaining distance, pressing his lips onto the king's. The two embraced for a while before Jiang Zhilan pulled back, lips red.

"I really want to come with you."

"It's too dangerous."

"Aren't we both men? What's dangerous for you, isn't it the same for me?" Jiang Zhilan was a little upset. Liu Qingyuan paused, tucking a piece of hair behind his ear.

"You're the King of Qiangda. If something happens to you..."

"I...I want to be selfish," Jiang Zhilan mumbled nearly inaudibly. He sighed deeply. With his abilities, he trusted Liu Qingyuan to deliver the disaster relief supplies. Others would just embezzle the grain for themselves. Besides, with himself unable to personally deliver the supplies, Liu Qingyuan can be partially seen as representative of the king.

"Hmm?" Liu Qingyuan hadn't heard him properly and made a noise of inquiry.

"Just...when do you leave?"

"Tomorrow." 'So early.' Jiang Zhilan lamented in his heart. Although Liu Qingyuan's escort wasn't the only group that would be distributing the supplies, they ultimately had the largest responsibility. Within Qiangda's borders, it's capital was located slightly to the north. Smaller groups would be responsible for the distribution of supplies to the east, west and north of the capital, while Liu Qingyuan's group would head south. The south-eastern border was also shared with Gongzhuan...With the largest area to cover, the trip would inevitably take two to three months; that is, if there were not extraneous variables. Jiang Zhilan felt a pain in his heart from the thought.

"I'll be back before you know it. So make sure you sleep enough and stop staying up. Eat well, dress warmly and don't forget to take breaks." Although the words were a little awkward, they carried heartfelt sincerity.

"When did you turn into my nanny?"

"..." Liu Qingyuan felt more awkward. Jiang Zhilan saw his uncertain face and quickly hugged his waist. "Your majesty-"

"Thank you. You...you definitely have to come back on time. If you...if you dare play outside, we'll see if I'll come punish you!" Liu Qingyuan felt warm in his heart.

"Yes, yes. You can hit me."

"Who wants to hit you?!" Liu Qingyuan leaned forward again, his tone turning lower.

"Then...how will you punish me?" Jiang Zhilan paused, feeling faintly that something wasn't right. When his brain caught up, red exploded across his face and he pushed Liu Qingyuan away.

"I'll beat you to death!" Although the push didn't move him, Liu Qingyuan still took a step back to let the king save face*.

(*face refers to dignity)

"What are you thinking?" Liu Qingyuan asked, slightly amused. Jiang Zhilan paused again, cursing internally. Stepping in the trap once meant he'd been beaten, but twice meant he was a fool.

"Not talking anymore!" He turned back to his documents but found that he couldn't focus. "Let's just go to sleep." The king paused. "I meant, I'm going to bed!" Before Liu Qingyuan could even open his mouth, the king had fled without a trace of his shadow.