wasp turtles.

Mikey was changing a bit, which he noticed because April told him.
He had a particular hyperpigmentation in some of his scales forming grated patterns, his shell had lines that didn't before, his shell acquired a hexagonal pattern...
A small mark on his head, surrounding his eyes showing where his skull was, in a darker pigment...And some hair coming out on his neck (itches) and his legs and arms have small...little hairs that they catch warm air...oh, and antennae...

His su- I mean brothers, they had modifications too, only their shells had a simpler pattern that trapped air and pollen (they had to clean it many times) on their forearms there were little hairs that helped trap particles and, like their queen, they trap heat , they have little antennae sticking out where if they were cows they would have their horns...

After a while notice that...
Mikey was eating some honey that his brothers gave him, because he was craving some honey and his brothers brought him some... Well, two of them because Rapha was out there looking for something for Mikey to eat along with the honey, which they ended up being cookies.
Mikey realized that he had gotten used to his brothers being helpful and always available to him...
They were always there when he wanted something...
and they always let him beat them if they did something wrong....

He began to ask questions... But none was answered...
The thing about Leo not letting Mikey out of his room happened again, until Mikey lost the desire to go back into his room and slept with Leo one of those days, so that he would stop swelling his ovaries .