Bowler hat man: "Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a dust shop, this late at night?"

As he said this, one of the henchmen pulls out a gun at the shopkeeper as Y/N begins to tense up a bit as he tries to calm down, realizing that the ginger-haired man is Roman Torchwick. Hands in the air, the shopkeeper stutters in his voice.

Shopkeeper: "P-Please. J-Just take my lien and leave-"

Roman: "Shhh, shh, calm down, we're not just here for your lien. Grab the dust."

As he said this, the henchmen get to work, taking all the dust around the shop via using several cylinders to take the dust from the tube containers on the walls.

Y/N: ("I hope he called the police before they had showed up.")

One of the henchmen places an open case on the display to the shopkeeper. Slowly, the shopkeeper proceeds to fill the case with the dust crystals as Roman takes a red dust from his hand and putting it in his pocket. Another henchman appears out of the corner of a shelf and notice both Y/N, who's pretending to read a magazine and Ruby, who's unaware of the situation due to her headphones. The henchman unsheathes his sword, pointing at them.

Henchman #2: "Alright kids, put your hands where I can see them."

Y/N puts his hands up before speaking.

Y/N: "No dust here. Only magazines."

He chuckles a bit but, the henchman is unamused by his remark. He then turns to see Ruby remain motionless.

Henchman #2: "Hey! I said hands in the air!"

Ruby doesn't respond back which irritated the henchman as he approaches her.

Henchman #2: "You got a death wish or something?!"

The man turns her around, her hood dropping to reveal her surprised expression, still wearing her headphones. As the man look furious at her, he motions her to lower them, which she does.

Ruby: "Yes?"

Henchman #2: "I said, put your hands in the air, now!"

Ruby: "Oh! Nice weapon you got there."

Henchman #2: "Did you not here what I just said!?"

Ruby merely looks at the man with confusion before turning her gaze to Y/N.

Ruby: "Is he robbing this place?"

Y/N was quick to respond.

Y/N: "Well, this guy and a whole bunch of them."

Ruby: "Ooohhh..."

Meanwhile, the ginger-haired man waits for his men to finish the robbery only to see one of his men fly past him, landing near the shop's front window. The man motions for another henchman to handle Ruby, raising a gun at her and Y/N.

Henchman #1: "Freeze!"

Cut to outside the dust shop as Ruby dropkick the henchman, crashing through the window in a flash.

Roman: ("A semblance?")

He and the other men look outside the broken window to see Ruby getting up and unfolding Crescent Rose into its scythe form. As he scowls at her, Ruby smiles back at them before twirling her weapon, striking into the ground and turning off her headphones. Y/N seeing this scene unfold, quickly get out the dust shop via the front door and stand near Ruby.

Y/N: ("Another scythe user?") "Cool weapon."

Ruby: "Thanks!"

Y/N: "Well I got to leave, bye."