UNITED - PART 1

AUTHOR'S NOTE 1 :

Following the Miscarriage, Arpita informs Sundar and Aryan that Imlie is packing Her Potli Bag. The extent to which His Words have impacted her, hits Aryan, and She is stopped from leaving. Malini and Anu are ousted by the Rathores after the evidence of their Crimes is discovered, following which Dev Chaturvedi and His Mother takes custody of Baby Cheeni and departs.

A glimpse of Anu's, Malini's and Dev's POVs are included. The Detailed Track will be shown in similar themed FFs mentioned in the Story List, which I am planning to write. This is more like a Trial Run for those FFs, whether I am able to describe their Pain or Not.

"ARU !"

His Sister's frantic voice startled Aryan out of the numbness that he had allowed to envelop His Being. His Brother-in-Law's attempts to make Him see reason had not borne fruit.

He didn't want to listen to anything. Or anybody.

"What's the matter, Arpita Ji ?"

Sundar had seldom seen this level of fear in his spouse's eyes. Arpita was a brave woman and He admired Her for the Courage She possessed - but He could Not trace any bit of those in Her eyes now.

That was worrisome - the circumstances needed all of them to hold - nay, clutch tightly onto the shreds of courage in them.

Arpita almost ran, sheer panic and disbelief blurring her vision, the thought of losing Her Family whipping up a sense of urgency in her steps.

No.... No No... This madness needed to be stopped. At any cost !

For the first time, an immense surge of anger overtook Her as She saw Her Brother's Face, fuelled by the ache She felt for His Loss and the past that triggered Him.

"ARU ! Imlie... is packing Her Bag." Arpita gritted Her teeth.

WHAT.

Aryan blinked His eyes as His Words to Imlie boomeranged at Him.
He felt a jolt in His chest which mirrored in His eyes, while He tried to find any lie in His Sister's Words.

There weren't any.

He suddenly found it difficult to breathe, as a pair of tear-filled doe eyes staring at Him in Pain and Defeat swam in His head.

The memory of Her - even after the brutal verbal stabs he had rained on Her - trying to bandage His wound, while reminding Him that they needed to be with each other at this time, which, though occurred bare minutes ago, was cobwebbed by His Anger.

His Brother-in-Law had tried to knock sense into Him, but He had blocked everything out.

He was reeling from the searing Heat from the Fire that had eaten away at His peace 4 Years back, at the forever loss of the Life that he failed to save.

This was the Second.

How many more would He lose ?

That Heat was burning more and more each second, as His Words to the Young Woman whose hands he had held to his heart echoed through-out the Room and His Head.

NO.

Cheeku...

Cheeku wouldn't be proud.

It was just hours since Cheeku had left.

Aryan never believed in a Life beyond Earth - but had His Cheeku a Soul, then it would have scarred the moment His Mother who housed Him was blamed.

Aryan sucked in a breath in disbelief, as Arpita spoke in controlled anger :