Doctor dreamy - Part 7 - John x Reader

"John............." Sherlock suddenly said, as he reached out to grab one of the test tubes in the rack. The consulting detective not even bothering to remove his eyes from the lenses of his microscope.

"John! Have you seen my................" The younger Holmes continued, as he finally relented, and looked up from the glass slide that sat under the stage clip. His brows furrowing for a moment, until he remembered that John had gone out for the evening.

Sitting back, he looked at the clock in the wall; Eleven o'clock...........he had expected John to be back hours ago. And Sherlock had to admit that he was more than a little curious, as to why he was not. From what he had seen in the picture of this Sofia creature, and the brief description that the doctor had furnished him with, it had been easy to deduce that the woman was not the kind of girl that John would ever normally associate with. So, how he had managed to stay out until this hour, was quite frankly, confusing.............

He knew that he should have followed John, for his own sake of course. He would have been there to assist the doctor, when John came to his senses and needed to get away from the woman. But as it was............Sherlock getting to his feet and making his way out of the kitchen and into the living room. The detective picking up his violin before making his way to the window. Sherlock determining to be there, waiting, when the doctor finally did arrive back at the flat. Sure, that he would still get the chance to tell John, that he told him so.

                                                               >>--------------------------------<<

"You'll never get it............." John smiled, as he watched (Y/n) take aim.

"Oh, ye of little faith, Doctor Watson..........." The agent replied, before letting the dart fly. The point landing right in the double one at the top of the board.

"How did you..................."

"Misspent youth, doctor. Misspent youth..........." (Y/n) chuckled, as she pulled her dart out of the board and turned to look at John.

John couldn't remember the last time that he had enjoyed himself so much. Admittedly she had beat him at every game of pool, and now at darts, but he couldn't care less. The evening having turned from one of the worst he had spent, to one of the best. The pair never having stopped laughing. Especially when he had told the agent about some of the more embarrassing things that Sherlock had done.

As (Y/n) had told him, the place she had taken him to was just the traditional kind of pub. One that had been there for the best part of a couple of hundred years, with wooden panelling and pictures of London from Victorian times, on the wall; traditional beer on tap and an old jukebox sat in the corner, that probably hadn't had a new song on it for a decade; but that didn't matter, for this had most certainly turned into the best date that he had ever had. The doctor feeling more comfortable with the agent, than he had felt with any other woman that he had been out with.

"LAST ORDERS!" A voice called out from behind the bar, (Y/n) turning to look at John.

"Well, Doctor John Hamish Watson, what do you say to one last game of dart and a drink before I escort you home? I wouldn't want Sherlock thinking I was the kind of girl that would keep you out all night........He might not let me have another date with you if I do." The agent smiled, as she walked over to him; handing him her darts, before making her way to the bar, leaving John to sigh happily.

He couldn't help but watch her, not that he hadn't been doing that since they had both been able to escape the restaurant, and their respective dates. She was a truly fascinating woman, intelligent, quick witted and funny. And if you were to ask him, very brave, given that he now knew the full story of how she had been shot. That she had been on a raid to retrieve a kidnap victim and she had been shot by the kidnapper, before the other agents could take him down. The bullet missing the bullet proof vest that she wore, and instead cutting through her neck; the next thing that she could remember, was waking up in a hospital bed. The doctor amazed that she had recovered so well, given the injuries that she had described; but he was glad that she had, glad that she was able to be there with him at that moment.

"There you go." (Y/n) said, as she handed John his drink and took her darts from his hand.

"Okay, doc. Let's see if you can beat me this time." The agent continued with a chuckle, gesturing for the doctor to throw his darts at the board.

                                                          >>--------------------------------<<

Sherlock's ears pricked up, as he heard the door downstairs open and then close; followed by footsteps making their way up the stairs. The consulting detective beginning to pluck on the strings of his violin, as the door to the flat opened, a smiling John appearing through it.

"You're late............."

"What..........?"

"You're late.............." Sherlock said again, as he lowered his violin.

"I didn't realise that I had a curfew. I don't turn into a pumpkin when the clock strikes midnight, you know. And the last time I checked; I was over the age of eighteen." The doctor replied, as he took off his coat. John having no intention of letting Sherlock ruin his good feeling. Having no intention of letting the consulting detective know that not only had he been right about Sofia, but also (Y/n) too. Nor, was he going to sit down and tell his friend about the wonderful evening that he had had and that on Saturday, he would be seeing the agent again.

"Now, if you will excuse me, I am off to bed. Night Sherlock." John continued, giving the younger Holmes a smile before making his way to his room. The doctor enjoying the notion of leaving Sherlock guessing. Wondering how long it would be before the detective came knocking on his bedroom door wanting to deduce what had happened.