Doctor Dreamy - Part 3 - John x Sherlock x Reader

John looked at himself in the mirror. Debating as to whether a tie or no tie would be better for the evening. The doctor deciding that he would let Sherlock's critique of what he was wearing when he left the room, make up his mind for him; John dropping the tie to the floor as he fell backwards on his bed, his eyes looking up at the ceiling. He had no idea what was wrong with him. All week he had been looking forward to this date; ignoring the deductions about his date that Sherlock had decided he really needed to know about the woman, when John had made the mistake in showing his friend her picture. Heck, he had been looking forward to it all morning, while he ignored Sherlock in Greg's office. But now, well now something seemed to have changed; the excitement about the evening seeming to be long gone. Yet he had made a promise, he had organised to meet the lady, and so he would go through with it. The doctor well aware that it wouldn't be gentlemanly to have cancelled so late. That, and if he did cancel, he would have to spend the rest of the evening listening as Sherlock would say that he had told him so, and that she really wasn't his type anyway. But the thing was, she was his type............wasn't she?

From what he had been able to read from this Sofia's profile, she was most certainly his type. She was a very attractive woman, intelligent too, and they seemed to have some shared interests. And from talking to her on the phone earlier that week, it felt as though they would get on quite well; but now..........now he was beginning to rethink the whole thing. The doctor wondering whether he was thinking about this too much. Whether he was putting too much pressure on himself. Whether he should just go out and try and have some fun. Let his hair down if you will. And if something came of it. If something happened between them, then great. But........would it be great? John sighing, as he turned onto his side and grabbed his pillow, pulling it tight to his chest. The doctor closing his eyes and letting his mind drift back to earlier that day. Drifting back to Greg's office.

He really had been annoyed at being dragged along. Sherlock telling him that he needed him to be at the Yard with him; but not giving John a good enough answer in reply when he had asked him why. But, when he had seen her, he was glad that Sherlock had made him go to the Yard. The doctor suddenly cringing as he recalled how he had waved at the beautiful woman that had walked into the office. Wondering if she had thought he was just a huge goofball. Though given what she had said, given what she had called him before she left the office, he had to think that perhaps he hadn't made such a bad impression.

(Y/n)..........the name was as beautiful as the woman that it belonged to. John sure that he could still smell her perfume on his skin. Could still see her smile and feel her hand in his. John recalling how he had felt a little dumbstruck when Greg had introduced her. When he had looked into her eyes. And, how he had been shocked and amazed by what Sherlock, in his usual not so delicate manner, had deduced about her. How she was really an undercover INTERPOL officer. How she was only working at the Yard because she had been shot in the neck of all places. John having to agree with Sherlock that she had been lucky to have come out of the incident as she had. That she seemed to be recovering, physically at least, quite well from the incident. That she had not only come away without any other serious injuries, but had managed to survive the incident. The doctor feeling that she must be quite a brave, strong woman. John suddenly finding himself wondering what she could be up to that evening. Wondering whether, just like him, she was single. Though he doubted it; the doctor positive that a woman as gorgeous as that, must have some lucky man in his life. John letting out a heavy sigh, before he pushed away his pillow and slowly got to his feet, straightening out his shirt and grabbing his tie before making his way into the sitting room. Rolling his eyes as Sherlock sat in his usual chair, plucking at the stings of his violin.

"If you are still insisting on taking that Sofia woman to Guido's in Mayfair, may I suggest a tie............." Sherlock said, not even opening his eyes. John holding the tie out that chosen, to show the younger Holmes it, before he placed it around his neck.

"She is single you know...................."

"Well, yes, that is the whole idea of this. We are meeting up because we are both single. Wouldn't want to go on a date if she were married, would I.........?"

"Not the Sofia creature. Whom I have already told you is not your type. She has too many daddy issues, and I seriously doubt that a doctor such as yourself has enough money in his bank account to keep her in the lifestyle to which she would like to become accustomed. No, I was referring to the woman that we met today in Gordon's office. Agent (Y/n).............." Sherlock interrupted. Slightly opening one eyes as John took a seat across from him.

"What..........? What are you............................"

"Please don't protest, Watson. Your attraction to the woman would be obvious to a blind man.........or even the Detective Inspector himself. Although that wave you gave her...........I would suggest that you don't do that again when you meet her next. No, the agent it quite single, and though there have indeed been men in her life previously, there has not been one in quite some time." Sherlock continued, as he went back to plucking the strings.

"You should have asked her out for this evening instead of this Sofia. She is much more suitable for you. And given the way that she bit down onto her lip as she looked at you, I would suggest that she found you pleasing too. Odd really............"

"Well, thanks for that Sherlock. Thank you for saying that a beautiful woman finding me pleasing, is odd. Really boosts my confidence no end. Now, if you will excuse me. I have a date to get to.............with Sofia.........." John retorted, as he got to his feet, grabbed his coat, and made his way to the door.

"If you insist. But don't complain when you get in this evening after you realise that your date was actually after a rich plastic surgeon............Doctor Dreamy." Sherlock called out. Smiling to himself, as the door slammed behind John.