37. 𝓣𝓾𝓻𝓷 𝓸𝓯 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼

Mahika was at the premiere with Avyaan

The movie was amazing and they were at the after-party.

She checked her phone when she felt it vibrating but it was dead due to the low battery.

Mahika and her inner filmy Indian girl were on cloud nine seeing the celebrites and stars as Avyaan guided her through the crowd and people.

The paparazzi did ask them about their relationship to which both of them replied as friends but they both knew that tomorrow atleast a couple of news articles will be published by some tabloids about the secret relationship of the second Singhania Bahu and the upcoming director.

Not like they cared.

Many people complimented her on her sky blue lehenga, simple makeup and fancy hair do. All courtesy to their family stylist ofcourse.

Once they were seated and were alone Avyaan asked.

"So how's things with Dhruv?"

"Good. He's trying and thats what counts."

"Did you tell him about the moving to Delhi part? "

She nodded taking a sip from the mocktail in front of her.

"How did he react?"

"In a way that shocked me to the core."

"Is this the end then Mahi?"

"I hope so Avy. I really do. "  She gave him a sad smile.

"Half the formalities are already over and there aren't any possessions to split. The only thing he had taken from me was my heart and I have taken it back rightfully. "

"I'm super proud of you. "

"Nope. Today is about you and you don't get to do that. Today I am proud of You not the other way around. "

When she thought about it , Dhruv and Mahi were together more often now. Some times intentionally but mostly out of coincidence.

The awkwardness had disappeared as the old familiarity replaced it. It felt good to have him like that. Mahi often thought how different things might have been if she had thought about this a bit earlier.

After the event Avyaan offered to drop her home but she didn't want to burden him more.

Once she reached home she plugged in her phone to the charger and waited. Once it had the minimum charge she switched it on to find about 20 missed calls from Dhruv.

Her heart screamed at her.

Something's not right.