35. 𝓖𝓪𝓵𝓪

Today's chapter is dedicated to the_secret_giggle . Thank you for that DM you send me ages ago.

"I am exhausted Mahi "

"But it's only been 2 hours. "

"Exactly" her sister in law replied rolling eyes to her nonchalant retort.

Arya and Mahika were out shopping dresses for the Gala.

Arya didn't want to take an extra day off from work just to shop. If anyone asked Mahi she would do that for the rest of her life if she could.

They both purchased their outfits for the evening and Mahi decided to buy some more casual dresses for her dance classes and Arya was waiting for her to finish.

"Done?"

"Almost" Mahika replied going through her selections.

"What do you think? Red or yellow?

"Yellow "

"I knew it. But I have a pair of heels that will go amazingly with this red one." She bit her lips in confusion.

"You know what I'm gonna buy both. "

Once they finished billing everything Arya wanted to go home but Mahi was not ready for that.

"A wise person once said Shopping comes to an end only when you eat some food."

"Let me guess that wise person is you?" Arya asked.

"Exactly!" Mahi replied proudly.

And now they were at a local pani Puri stall gulping down pani puris. This was the ideal day for Mahi.

"OMG these are so good. " Arya said wide eyed.

"Told you"

"I have never had street food before "

"Wait what?"
How can a person never have street food. That too an Indian?

"Yeah. It just never happened. My parents cared a lot about their public image. "

Mahi gave her a comforting smile.

She was lucky to have parents who loved her to the moon and back. They did scold her , get mad at her but their love was always twice their anger. Arya reminded her that not everyone is lucky enough for a family like that.

"Do you want one more?"

*

Mahika and Arya were getting ready together.
Chachi had arranged special stylists for both if them and currently they were getting their hair and make up done.

"Mahi I wanted to ask you something"

"Go on ask. "

"How do you still remain so cheerful after you know everything?"