Chapter Fifteen: Amelia Harper

Holy frick. Holy frick. Holy frick. 

         As a kid, I had always dreamed about having a big family but now that it's actually happening it's terrifying me. I mean, mainly the whole pregnancy thing is terrifying me. To a five-year-old, having five kids doesn't seem too bad because hey, won't be having them anytime soon but now adult me is practically making that dream come true and I'm terrified. 

       And poor Miles is going to feel like he's getting whiplash because he'll be moving into this house just to move into another and have a new baby sibling he shouldn't be getting so soon. I am petrified. 

        Corey kisses my cheek. "Relax, darling. We'll go on for the rest of the day and then we can talk about it tonight. It's going to be alright. Plus now you have an excuse to make another name list." 

         I smile softly and take a breath before walking into the kitchen where Zeke, Avery, and Elliott are sitting at the table. 

        "Ha! I win!" Avery announces happily.

        "This time. I'm destroying you next time. I went easy on you," Elliott says. 

        "Mhm, sure," Avery says. She passes the cards along to Zeke to shuffle.

        "Did you guys finish cleaning up your room?" Corey asks. 

        Avery and Elliott glance over at each other. "No." 

         "Can you guys quickly go finish that? We're going to order food real quick and then you guys can play cards again after," Corey explains. 

         "Okay," they say. 

         Elliott sprints out of the kitchen to beat Avery through the doorway. She lets out an irritated sigh as she follows him. 

         Zeke laughs looking to Corey, "He may not be biologically yours, but he's acts just like you sometimes." 

         I smile. "He's not wrong." , 

        Zeke then looks between our faces. "Are you guys alright though? You looked a little worried earlier." 

       Corey smiles softly. "Just fine. Just something we had to work out." 

       "Okay..." Zeke says, wearily. "Well then, I have the phone number for the pizza place pulled up. Just a pepperoni pizza with black olives and extra tomato?" 

         "Yep," Corey says. 

         "Okay." Zeke clicks a button and explains the order before moving the phone away. "Sure there's nothing else?"

         "Can you please add green olives to half?" I ask. 

         Corey's eyes go wide as a huge smile plasters itself across Zeke's face. 

         "Sorry, can we please also add green olives to half? Yes, thank you. Okay see you in thirty," Zeke hangs up and smiles over at us. 

        "Lia..." Corey mumbles. 

        I narrow my eyes, "What?" 

        "Congratulations!" Zeke grins before getting up and hugging us. 

        "How's he know?" I ask. 

      "Green olives. You hate green olives," Corey says. 

        "Besides with Avery!" Zeke adds. "Look at me go! Three for three! Do Elliott and Avery know?" 

         "No, don't say a thing, Z," Corey says, quietly. "I don't want to overwhelm them. There's already a lot going on."

        "I won't," Zeke says. "Aww, I'm so excited for you guys. More than willing to babysit the little one when you guys need a break, Alexis loves babies." 

        "We might take you up on that," I say.