Chapter Eleven: Ezekiel Fillmoore

(Sorry for so much inactivity. My mood has been like the weather lately: all over the place and unpredictable. I've been trying to work on my book I want to publish and I couldn't because I've been in a writing slump but I've been mentally writing for Zeke and Morris because for some reason that gets me out of my slump so here's their date!)

       Going out today is literally making my heart pound in my chest. It's so odd. I mean, I literally haven't seen Morris in years. In the meantime, I've dated people who are not him and got engaged too (and broke it off), and yet little stuff like this still freaks me out. And this isn't even a date. It's a reunion I guess.

         I park my pickup truck and then walk into the restaurant, the same Chinese restaurant we went to when he was here. The last place I really hung out with him. I haven't even been here in years and it's just up the road from my place.

       I walk in and straight to the front desk.

     "Hello, what can I do for you today?" the woman asks, smiling softly.

        "Hey! I have a reservation for two under Fillmoore."

        She quickly looks down, scrolling on the screen before looking back up at me and grabbing two menus and silverware. "Okay, come with me."

       "Thank you," I smile softly.

        She leads me to a table in the back of the room towards the corner. "Here you go."

       She places the menu and silverware down.

         "Thank you," I say as she walks back to her spot.

        Oddly enough, the last time we ate here, we sat at this table too. Maybe this is a sign today won't be too stressful.

      I adjust the sleeves of my purple button-up, rolling them up a bit. It didn't go too overboard with the outfit. A casual button-up with black jeans and converse. Simple but nice enough. Plus I haven't worn this shirt yet so it's my chance to see if I like it.

      I scan the restaurant a bit to see how it changed before I hear a familiar voice.

      "Hey Zeke," he smiles walking over to the table.

       "Hey!" I smile as he takes his seat across from me.

      "Oh my god you have a little facial hair," He says quickly.

       I laugh. "Yeah, it's kind of uncomfortable."

      "It looks nice. I mean, it's what, thirty-four years in the making?" he teases.

       "Shut up," I laugh. "You look great too."

        He smiles. "Thanks."

       A man walks over to our table. "Hello, I'm CJ. I'll be your waiter for the night. Can I start you guys off with any drinks?"

       I nod over at Morris.

       He smiles and then looks up at the waiter, "Can I please have a coke?"

       CJ nods. "Sure thing! And you?"

     "Can I have some lemon water please?"

     "Of course! I'll be right out with that," he nods before walking off.

      Morris smiles over at me. "Fancy choice. Wasn't expecting that from you."

     I laugh. "It's been my go-to lately."

     I don't bother adding the health issues that have sparked that choice because I am not here to overload the guy with all my issues when he's just here for a little visit home. 

Happily Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें