"Baby? Damn, you got a kid? How the fuck did I not know?"

"I don't have a child, Donte. My baby is a furry white animal named Snow." She let out a chuckle whilst he sighed in relief.

"Oh, thank God. The mother of my kids can't have any kids before me."

"Here you go."

He let out a laugh. "My bad. What park are you heading to?"

"Holly Park."

"Bet. I'll meet you there." He informed her and her eyes widened slightly. She wasn't surprised at his offer, but the thought of seeing him again in person made her nervous. He was intimidating in her eyes.

"You just said your body's shut down."

He agreed, "Yeah, but it's best if I get off my ass and come get some sun. Plus, Lucky misses you."

The woman's heart warmed at the thought of the dog she examined weeks ago. "I know that dog does not even remember me but whatever you say. You don't have to come Donte. We can meet another time."

"Why not meet now? You're free and I'm free so it makes sense."

"Hmm."

"I'ma be there in about an hour, okay? Stay pretty for me."

Gianna rolled her eyes, her mouth screwing up to hide the smile that was forcing its way on it. "Bye, Donte." Was her response, to which he chuckled.

When she hung up, she briefly glanced at her dog who was looking at her with doe eyes. With a shrug, she said, "he's just a friend. A client actually."

Snow tilted her head.

"And he's bringing you a play date so it's a win-win for both of us. Right?"

The dog let out a bark and Gianna chortled. "I'm not tryna find excuses to see him, girl. Don't even." Snow responded with another bark and the woman playfully rolled her neck as she sped down the street. "Stay acting like you better than me. Wanna square up? I can do that when we get to the park, okay?"

Admittedly, Gianna would never get tired of talking personally with Snow. For the past few months, she didn't have anyone else to turn to but her. Snow was like her child and friend in one, and she loved her very much. Even though she had Jeliyah now, Snow was still her OG gossip partner.

Gianna giggled as Snow galloped over to her with the tennis ball trapped between her teeth. She bent down and pet her around her ear before repeating the process. Normally, she would bring her straight to the area where there were mainly dogs, but she knew how easily stimulated her dog could get so she decided it was best she stayed at a secluded area until Donte.

Speaking of, Gianna had been running her hand over her hair and making sure her makeup looked flawless underneath the boiling sun. She didn't know how much she was obsessed with her appearance until she was meeting up with a man she found attractive.

Was it bad?—to want to look good, mainly for a man's validation?

She couldn't help herself. 

Feeling a vibration from inside her bag, she retrieved the device and read over her bright screen. It was a message from Donte, which made her heart skip a beat.

Donte💗: wow, you get finer by the day.

She looked up and her eyes landed on Donte who stood a few feet away from her with a smirk on his face. Without even noticing, a smile was forming on her lips also. That moment was short-lived though because soon a hyperactive Lucky was jumping on her.