thirty-nine

Sunoo packed up his own items and left the classroom. His smile was unmissable as he walked through the corridors. If he was an emoji, he'd be the one with love hearts for eyes because he was completely in awe of the blonde.

The black-haired went directly to the lunch hall and found Jungwon sitting alone with his food.

"Hey Won." Sunoo said, although his mind was somewhere else completely.

"Hello hyung! Are you okay?" Jungwon asks as he notices Sunoo acting almost drunk? "Sunoo....?"

"Oh, Yes! Hi.. I'm fine. Oh Sunghoon just- anyway I need to get lunch." Sunoo says in a jumble causing Jungwon to be even more perplexed.

"Oh.. kay?" Jungwon replies as he watched the older boy walk to the canteen.

Sunoo walks back with his lunch consisting of pizza, salad and a doughnut for dessert since it was a last day treat.

"Oh my god are you excited for the match?! I can't believe we get front row seats. I'm never excited for events like this but I can't wait!" Sunoo asks the cat-like boy.

"YES! Although, I bet you're more excited to watch Sunghoon play sleeveless." Jungwon points out causing Sunoo to choke on his food.

"Fuck off and eat your food." The older boy replies, rolling his eyes as he grows red in embarrassment.

"Ugh, RUDE! And I'm so right. You're so down bad, I hope you guys just get together soon." Jungwon says, putting his head into his hands exaggeratively.

"Well... we're going out for dinner tonight. So, maybe something will happen. I HOPE IT DOES. This whole romantic tension thing is so stressful." Sunoo says to Jungwon whose mouth was now gaped open.

"IM SORRY? You're going out tonight... like a date?" Jungwon says, still shocked by this new information.

"Did I forget to mention this... my bad. Yes! I'm so excited, well unless their team.. you know, L word. Then it might be a tad bit awkward." Sunoo giggles as he finishes up his lunch.

"Well, they better not then! Let's go to the field and get our seats!" Jungwon suggests to which Sunoo agrees.

The two walk to the field, the sun beaming on them as they do. Today was the perfect day for this match as well as the final assembly before school is officially over.

"I can't believe this school year is about to end!" Sunoo says as the pair continue walking.

"I know right. It's been a good year though. Especially for you, you've changed a lot. But in a positive way. I'm glad your confidence is back." Jungwon says to the older boy.

"Me too. I finally found some happiness. I don't really want this year to end but I just know we are about to have the summer of our lives." Sunoo says, reminiscing over the last few months of the school year.

"Oh, Sun! I think I found the basketball court!" Jungwon laughs as he almost bumps into another standee of Ni-ki. "Do you think I can take this home with me?" The dimple-cheeked boy asks.

"Why would you want a standee when you have the real boy as your boyfriend anyway?" Sunoo giggles.

"I don't know, could be handy?" Jungwon says.

"That sounds so wrong. Anyway, come let's get our seats, the stadium looks almost full!" Sunoo says, his voice a little panicked.

"Why are you so worried? You said they have reserved us seats!" Jungwon asks.

"I know. I just overthink a lot okay! Let's go then." Sunoo says as he drags the younger boy with him.

The duo are now running over to their seats where they notice Yunjin and Chaewon are also sat along with Wonyoung and her friend group.