"You're right about that." She replied as she looked at him for approval and he cracked a slight smile.

"Go ahead."

"How much of the cross did you have to sell to buy and entire island in Greece?"

"Strong first question, hm, uh, let's see, not as much as you'd think."

"Can I get a number?"

"No, you can not."

She furrowed her brow, "Why?"

"Because it was a gift and gifts don't come with price tags."

"Rafe-"

"I'm not telling you, okay?"

"Fine." She paused, "Why did you buy the island?"

"Because I always wanted to."

"But why now, Rafe?"

"Because I've always wanted to and because I had enough money to do so, alright?"

"Not because of everything that happened recently?" She whispered, not wanting to meet his eye.

"No, Iris, not because of everything that happened recently."

"You swear?"

"On my life."

"Okay." She hummed.

"Any other questions?"

"No questions, but I have a confession."

"Yeah?"

"I was pissed off when you showed up here last night."

He laughed softly, "I know."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I can read you like a book, remember? I know every little thing about you."

She raised an eyebrow at him, "Every little thing?"

"Yup."

"Like what?" She asked, curiously.

"Shit." He cursed, "Where do I start? Well, when you get worried or stressed or confused, you furrow your brow. Um, whenever you're going to cry, the corner of your mouth twitches briefly, it's like a tell-tale sign. When you get nervous or anxious, you crack your knuckles, which I'm not even sure you know you do. I truly think you do it subconsciously."

Iris laughed, "That's not true."

"Oh, but it is." He grinned, "And when you laugh, you always scrunch your nose up just before the laughter comes out. I have proof, I just saw it happen. Do you want me to continue?"

"I believe you."

"Do you?" He taunted her, as his hand ran down her bare leg, "See, when I touch you like this, you get goosebumps. Every single time."

This was as close to intimacy as the two had gotten since they were locked up at Singh's. It seems crazy that it had been that long, but the past week had been crazy and chaotic in several ways.

"And your breath hitches too."

She hated that he was right.

His hands stopped at the waistband of her pants, his fingertips gently making their way underneath before he completely removed his hand from her body altogether.

She immediately furrowed her brow, which he took note of, "Did I do something wrong?"

"I have a feeling you already know."