fourteen

Topper never told Rafe about Iris being with the Pogues

Topper never told Rafe about Iris being with the Pogues. He wanted to, but decided against it, figuring Rafe would go crazy and then cause yet another war in the Outer Banks.

Rafe, on the other hand, avoided Iris. The whole situation with JJ really fucked with his head. And she had reached out to which, he didn't reply. He just didn't understand. Why would she let him do that? All that made sense to him was that they had feelings for each other. But a Kook having feeling for a Pogue? Never. Well, he actually wasn't surprised, as his sister was apparently running around with a certain Pogue. No, Iris wouldn't do that, they'd been together too long for that, they had so much history, would she give that all up?

He didn't know.

And it was driving him crazy.

Crazy enough that he had been at Barry's everyday since Midsummer's and had dug himself into a bit of a drug debt, once again.

He was ready to talk to Iris. No he wasn't. Yes he was. No he wasn't. Fuck. He didn't know what to do. His mind was constantly going back and forth. Then he would wonder what she was up to. Was she with the Pogues? No, there's no way. Fuck. Just talk to her.

The thoughts were overwhelming.

As Rafe stood at his bike, he stared down at the line of coke in front of him.

"Fuck." He said as he snorted it.

"You gonna give me a bump, big boy?"

Fuck.

Barry.

What the fuck was he doing here showing up at Tannyhill?

"Man, check out this place though, huh?"

Rafe frantically looked around, "Hey, Barry, Barry, hey man."

"It's fancy. It's a nice place to live."

"I don't have your money."

Barry nodded, "Mhm."

"Alright, uh, you shouldn't be here now. What are you doing?"

"It's right here, you wanna know why?"

"Give me till the weekend, okay? All I, all I need you to do is front me more coke."

Barry rolled his eyes, "Mhm, yeah."

"I got a guy coming this weekend. It's cool, right?"

"How come you got all this nice shit though? Can you tell me that?" Barry walked closer to Rafe, "You ain't got my money, but you got all this nice shit."

"Man, yeah, uh-"

"Hm? Hm?" Barry asked, throwing his arm up making Rafe back away.

"Hey, chill, chill! Alright? Hey!" Rafe began to back away.