nineteen

"I can't believe you found the fucking gold!" JJ exclaimed as they arrived back at the Chateau, "Beers for everyone, let's celebrate!"

And the blonde Pogue started handing out beers.

"JJ, I'm literally covered in mud. Can you wait-"

"John B, no. Go jump in the water or something."

The girls laughed as John B shook his head and smiled, "I am going to shower, then I'll be back for a beer."

"Fine, man."

John B disappeared inside the Chateau, leaving the rest of them to ponder what the hell just happened.

"This feels surreal." Kiara said as she sat down beside Pope.

"That's because it is."

"We're going to have to go back and get the rest." JJ said as he sat beside Iris.

Iris was exhausted. She was incredibly happy for the group and truly wanted to celebrate, but her eyelids were heavy and her head throbbed. She was mentally drained from everything with Rafe and she felt her stomach doing flip flops.

The rest of them chatted as she sat in silence, not realizing how much time had passed because John B was now back and on his second drink.

"Are you okay?" The blonde haired Pogue next to her asked as she slowly met his gaze, "You look really pale."

"I'm just tired." Her voice came out in a low whisper.

"Well, you look like you're going to throw up."

"Please don't say that." She clenched her teeth together as her stomach flip flopped again.

"Why don't you go in and get some rest?"

Iris nodded slowly and got up. The others were scattered around the property, hence why only her and JJ were at the fire. How did she not notice? Did she black out?

"C'mon." JJ said as she followed him inside, "Uh, just take one of the couches."

Iris walked over to the couch and laid down, immediately feeling relief, but also getting the sensation of vomit working it's way up. Her eyes widened as she sat back up.

"JJ move, I need to use the bathroom."

JJ quickly moved out of the way as she ran into the bathroom and threw herself to her knees in front of the toilet before throwing up her entire stomach.

"Oh my god, I feel so much better. I'm sorry."

JJ was still holding her hair and he slowly dropped it as she flushed the toilet.

"Don't be sorry." JJ scratched the back of his head, choosing his next words wisely, "Uh, I don't want to ask this but I'm going to, uh, you're not pregnant, are you?"