forty-two

Pope and Kiara didn't get back until the next morning, and by then, the others practically wanted to peel

Pope and Kiara didn't get back until the next morning, and by then, the others practically wanted to peel. It was hectic.

"Finally. Hey!" JJ yelled as he ran down the dock, "Guys don't tie up. Stop it!"

"What?" Kie asked.

"We're dipping."

"Wait, why?" Pope asked.

"What are you talking about?" Kie chimed in.

"Where did you guys go? What happened last night?" John B asked as he helped Sarah onto the boat.

"Slept on the break, what's up?" Pope asked again.

JJ snickered, "Slept, right, yeah. Some of us were up all night."

"We gotta get the hell out of here." John B said.

"Um, Rafe knows we're here so we have to leave, like, now." Sarah explained, looking back at Iris, who stood on the dock still, hesitating.

"Okay, come on. Iris, come on." Kie said.

"She's not coming right now." JJ explained, "But we'll get her after."

"You're not coming?" Kie asked.

"Long story." John B muttered.

"I'm sorry, guys. I have some things to, to uh, take care of."

"Okay." Kie muttered back.

"You know how to find me if you need me." Iris said, locking eyes with Sarah, who nodded and without further ado, she turned on her heels and walked back towards the house.

While Iris was heading off on a search to find Rafe, the others ended up getting caught by police after Sarah went to visit Ward, telling him she was testifying against him. And John B was arrested.

"Anyone home?" Iris yelled as she walked into her house for the first time in days. She had kept her parents in the loop of where she was, but they clearly hadn't been here in a few days either.

It seemed like they never were.

But she was wrong. Because her mom sat on the couch with Kiara's mom.

"It's about time-"

"Hey, hey." Lily said, standing up, "Mrs. Carrera is worried about her daughter, where is-"

"She was down by the beach. That's where she wanted me to drop her off. You know, she said she needed some time to think before she went home."

"Why didn't you guys come home? You had me worried sick!" Anna said.

"I kept my mom in the loop. But uh, we stayed overnight and then also were exhausted last night so we just cooped up together again."

"So when will she be home? I've got a lot to discuss with her."