Chapter 79: THE PARFAIT PREDICAMENT

Start from the beginning

Ruby: Fixed up? The Prince was worse.

Curious Cat: The Prince isn't supposed to be nice. He's meant to play the game and win, no matter what.

Blake: So, that's why he cheats, when the Red King didn't. But that still doesn't explain why the Red Prince was so much meaner.

Curious Cat: While the Prince may not remember Alyx's deception after ascending, the heart very rarely forgets.

Blake: But there was nothing about ascension in the story.

Curious Cat: Of course not! Exposition is terribly boring. Even this conversation was, on the whole, rather tedious!

Blake: I wonder what else Alyx left out.

Weiss and Yang ponder with Blake about this.

Curious Cat: Well, to make a Grow-gurt Parfait, one needs a bushel of grumpy ivy, one good-sized spicy potato, the lint off a griffon's sweater – Ethel's Dragons and More should have that – which is next to...

Ruby: I'll never remember all of that.

Curious Cat: (chuckles) No, I can procure that. But there's another ingredient we must have that's only available on the third level. Some nose hair from a leprechaun.

Team RWBY become disgusted.

Curious Cat: What if you retrieve that while I go get the rest?

Ruby: Sure, I guess so.

Curious Cat: Wonderful! Look for the Teapot Lady. She'll have it now. Now off you go.

As the Cat goes off, they get distracted when a leaf-headed creature waves from a vendor holding a flower in their hand.

Yang: Ugh... Guess I'd better go with the Cat so they don't get distracted by a shiny doorknob and never come back.

Blake: I'll go with you.

Weiss: Get me as far away as possible from the nose hairs, please.

Little: I'll go with you, Ruby.

Ruby sighs and brings Weiss, Blake and Yang to the Cat.

Yang: Nice try, Kitty.

Weiss jumps and lands onto the Cat's head.

Weiss: But we're coming along.

Yang and Blake follow and land on the Cat. The Cat leaves the vendor who tries to offer Ruby the flower this time. Ruby awkwardly stammers and walks away. Some Hunter Mice steal the cheese radish on the vendor's table, much to their dismay.

Little: (giggles and scurries up to Ruby's head) Onward!

As Little makes a pose, they yawn. Ruby chuckles. She walks around looking for the teapot lady. Suddenly, a loud clanging can be heard. Ruby finds herself alone with all the other denizens walking around suddenly gone. Darkness encroaches and surrounds the area on all sides except for the small area Ruby is standing in. Ruby gasps as she notices what is happening. She raises her hand as a bright light is emitted from her right. She notices a rack of weapons, among them being Penny's Maiden sword. Ruby grabs it off the rack and holds it in her hands.

???: (off-screen) Does that one interest you?

Ruby looks up to who spoke, and sees a feminine-looking, metallic Blacksmith standing before their forge. Their features are obscured by the forge's bright flames. Ruby approaches them, entering the shop.

 Ruby approaches them, entering the shop