Chapter 9: Moving on

Jo's POV, 3 months later:

It's been three months now since my birthday trip to London and my night with Gwen. For the first few weeks back home I was miserable and couldn't stop thinking about her. I became pretty obsessed with her too, stalking her social media and watching so many of her interviews and TV shows online.
"You have to stop this" Kat kept saying to me. I knew I had to but I couldn't. Gwen had some sort of hold over me that I couldn't shake off.

Eventually I started to get over her. I deleted the social media apps on my phone, started exercising more, took up cooking as a new hobby and even signed up to a dating app (after much coaxing from Lara). I had finally stopped grieving and accepted that it was just a fling.

Things were going great until one day I received an email from a theatre newsletter I'd signed up to announcing that 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' was going on tour around the UK and that Gwendoline Christie would be extending her run as Titania. I scrolled down to the tour dates and locations, and my city was listed for a few shows next month.
My stomach lurched. Gwen was going to be in my hometown next month! A flurry of thoughts and emotions swirled inside me.
"I have to get tickets!" I thought, tapping the 'Get Tickets' button but then I hesitated.
"No I can't! I've just got myself sorted out!" I held my phone tightly, deliberating what the hell to do. The next thing Lara was calling me.
"H-Hello?" I answered, my voice shaking.
"You've seen it haven't you?" she questioned.
"Seen what?" I tried to say casually.
"The email. Don't you even think about booking tickets!"
"I won't! I won't!"
"You better not, or I'll stage an intervention with Kat. I'm not above chaining you to a radiator!" 
"Alright alright! I'll delete the email and forget about it".

As soon as our conversation finished I deleted the email, but my thumb hovered over the bin icon for a few minutes beforehand.