lix.

lix. it takes a village
( season seven, episode one )

LYRA locked her door behind her, only to find Derek Morgan standing by the stairs outside her apartment. He held up his keys. "Care for a ride? We need to talk."

So, minutes later, she was in the passenger seat of Morgan's car. "Magneto's your dad," he stated, like he still could not believe it. He had yet to start driving, both hands sitting on the steering wheel. Lyra noted he was gripping it tightly, making it clear that despite his perceived nonchalance, he was still mad - or at the very least, uncomfortable with the entire reveal. Lyra could not blame him, even if it had been three months now since he found out the truth.

"You sure you're not turning me in, finally?" Lyra signed, leaning a bit closer to the door.

"No. I mean, I thought about it. And then I felt awful for thinking about it. Fuck, I don't know why I would even think it, Lyra."

Lyra sat still, not responding. What could she say? Nothing she said could make up for her lies.

"Red, I'm sorry. You're not your father, I realize that. But... I don't think I can see you as the same kid I did before."

"Good. I'm not a kid."

"You don't get it." He looked over at her. "You're... well, you, and Magneto's... Magneto. Most wanted man in the world. A terrorist. I can't see how you do it. I just can't."

"Do what?"

"Deal with it, handle it, hide it. I don't know."

Lyra sighed. "He's my father, Derek. Nothing can change that. He's all I had for years. He saved me from Trask and Stryker. He protected me during Genosha's destruction... after my mom died. He has done so much for me. And everyone thinks he's the bad guy, but he isn't. He's just trying to do his best for mutants, you know? And maybe he doesn't always go about it the best way, but I can't just give him up. I can't give up on him. I-" she paused, taking a breath. "Just drive us to work, please."

Morgan let out something between a laugh and a sigh, shaking his head. "You're too good for that, Little Red," he muttered, starting his car. He paused. "I'm still mad at you," he said quietly, like he did not fully want to admit it.

Lyra sighed, not answering. She knew that. She expected that, in fact. Hearing it out loud was less pleasant.

That was four months ago. Now, the team stood outside a court room in Quantico, preparing to face a Senate committee. JJ was currently inside. The rest of them were not allowed in as the events that had transpired were recollected.

"Why aren't we in there?" Reid asked.

"They're just trying to intimidate us," Rossi answered.

"Well, that's not about to happen," Morgan said.

"I'm not okay with this," Garcia said, her voice void of it's usual pep.

"You may not even be a witness," Rossi told her.

"Sir, I'm not worried about me. Don't they have anything better to do than-"

"Baby girl, this is just what they do," Morgan said.

Strauss walked by them. "Anything?" Rossi asked her, standing up.

Strauss shook her head. "Doesn't look good."

"How long is she gonna be in there?" Reid wondered.

It was just days ago that they had stormed Ian Doyle's apartment, searching for him. They had been searching for him for months, collecting data and research, information, on where he might be. They knew he was looking for his son.