Chapter 42

Philip's POV

Scott had to go to school again, so I decided to go on a walk.

I walk through the pack lands, that are slowly starting to feel like a home to me, and I look at all the beautiful trees that are surrounding me.

I'm somewhere deep in the woods, and I was reluctant to come here alone before, but today I have decided that it's the day that I finally will go further into the woods, since every time that I came here alone, I have stayed near the house, because I don't want to get lost here.

And I don't have any guns, so if any trained werewolf will attack me, then I won't be able to defend myself, and that is making me a bit nervous.

But the fact that the Alpha's son is my mate calms me down, since if I were a werewolf, then I doubt that I would have done something to the Alpha's family.

I eventually reach some lake, and I decide to sit down on the grass.

I sit here for a while, and I enjoy the quietness, since Scott's family house is full of people most of the time, so I don't get much of it.

But of course, someone has to ruin the peace, before I can get enough of it.

I hear some footsteps, so I stand up, ready to defend myself, soon a man comes out from behind the trees, and he has an angry look on his face.

"What do you want?" I ask him.

"I know that you're a hunter, same as that other human." He informs me, and I frown.

"Did he tell you?" I ask him, because I doubt that Landon would have said something about us being hunters to this people.

"No, the sister of his mate told me." He tells me.

"And?" I ask him curiously, since I have no idea what he wants from me.

"You have kidnapped my sister a few years ago, and don't worry, I won't kill you, since I don't want to get kicked out of this pack, but that doesn't mean that I won't hurt you." He tells me, and he pulls his sleeves up, before he comes towards me.

I swear under my breath, and I consider what I should do.

When he gets closer to me, I get out of his way, and he must have not expected it, since he loses balance, and he falls to the ground.

My eyes widen, since I definitely didn't expect that I would be able to get him to the ground, cansiderimg the fact that he's a lot bigger, and stronger than me.

But then I realise that I have a good opportunity to run away, so I quickly run back the same way that I think that I have came from.

Soon I reach the pack house, so that means that I went too far, since Scott's family house is a few minutes run form here.

But I decide to run into the pack house, and straight to Carter's office.

And I hope that he's there, since I can hear that the man that is running after me is not far behind.