Chapter 26

Philip's POV

Scott has to go to school today, so I have to say in the house alone.

Well, alone with Carter, who's making sure that I won't get out of here to make trouble.

I give Scott a goodbye kiss, and he goes out of the bedroom.

He goes to the high school that is in the city, and his friend used to help him, since he couldn't see anything, but now, he won't need help anymore.

I sit on the bed for about an hour, and then there's a knock on the door, so I consider if I should tell this person to come in, because in pretty sure that it's Carter.

"Come in." I say after a few seconds, but I really hope that he will decide against it.

But the door open, and they reveal none other than Carter.

"I was wondering if you want to go outside for a while." He tells me, and I frown.

"You will let me go outside?" I ask.

"With some guards that will follow you." He tells me with a nod.

I think about it for a while, and then I decide that I don't have anything better to do anyway, so I might as well see how this pack looks like.

"Alright." I say.

"Then eat some breakfast, and I will call the guards to come here." He tells me, and I nod.

I stand up, and I get dressed into some casual clothes that belong to Scott, then I use the bathroom, and when I'm done, I go downstairs.

I make myself some sandwiches, and I eat them quickly.

A few minutes after I finish, there's a knock on the door, but I don't go to open it.

I hear that Carter leaves the living room, and then he opens the door, letting the guards in, and then he comes into the dining room, but he stops at the doorway.

"You can go if you want." He tells me, so I stand up, and I go outside, trying to ignore the guards that are following me.

After about an hour of walking around without any destination, I come across some big clearing, and there are a lot of balls laying around, so I kick one of them, and then I go towards the next one, so I can play a bit more.

Soon I get a bit bored, so I decide that it will be a great idea to see how much reflex the guards have.

I glance in their direction, to see that most of them has their eyes on me.

But two of them are talking with each other, so I choose one of them, and I kick the soccer ball towards him, intending to hit his head.

Instead, it hits his chest, but I didn't miss, so I just decide to forget the fact that I was aiming somewhere else, and I smile at him innocently.

He just rolls his eyes, but a few other guards laugh slightly, at least now he will do what he's supposed to do.