Chapter 9

My throat became dry as he turned around and started walking towards me with a smirk on his face. I kept my head down, focusing on the mucky floor beneath my feet. My mind was hazy as I desperately tried to calm myself down.

I could feel his presence next to me, startled by the strong smell of alcohol. I could hear his long, shallow breaths. My heart raced inside my chest, and my hands began to sweat.

My mind screamed at me to run, to get away from here. I knew what was to come, yet there was always that small part that hoped this time would be the last, that he would come to his senses and finally free me from this hell. Unfortunately, no matter how much I prayed, the end of this torture never came.

He raised his cold hand to my face and began rubbing small circles on my cheeks. I flinched at his touch, and fear instantly caused my hairs to rise.

I needed to get away, to run... I can't put up with this anymore.

Before my mind could comprehend what I was doing, I shoved his hand out of the way and started running for my life. He was drunk, and that was my advantage. I didn't dare look back.

"COME HERE, YOU LITTLE BITCH!" He screamed. I could hear the sound of his footsteps getting closer and closer to me.

I ran faster than ever towards the back door, knocking over chairs in the process, hoping to stall him and gain more time. My heart was beating out of control, and I was running out of breath. Amidst all the commotion, all I could hear was the sound of my own heart as I sprinted towards the back door—the only hope of escaping this abuse.

I quickly swung the door open, not daring to look behind me. I ran out into his garden, tears pouring down my face.

I slowed down for a moment, trying to catch my breath. I hesitantly turned around. My eyes widened in horror as I saw Wayne sprinting out of the door. Panic immediately set in as I ran towards the gates as fast as I could, praying he wouldn't catch up to me.

"I WON'T LET YOU OFF, YOU LITTLE SLUT! YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD!" He screamed as he tried to catch up to me. I did everything in my power to get away from him. In that moment, I realized I was quite literally running for my life

His words echoed in my head as my legs began to shake. His footsteps were only getting louder...

I sprinted so fast, the wind making my hair fly freely behind me, moving it out of my face. The gates were so close now.

Unexpectedly, a hand grabbed my wrist, pulling me down to the ground. My heart stopped as I gasped in fear.

He fell and took me down with him, unable to keep his balance. I hit the floor with a loud thud. Wincing in pain, I tried to pick myself up, but my arms struggled to lift my body off the ground. He quickly pinned my body down and hovered above me. His cold, enraged eyes glared into mine. I shut my eyes tightly, refusing to look into the eyes of a man who I was convinced was going to kill me then and there.

He tightened his grip, making me wince in pain as he pinned my hands down beside my body. I sobbed uncontrollably, trying to plead with him to let me go.

He stood up and started dragging me back inside the house.

"No, no, no!" I screamed in my head.

I tried to free myself from his grasp, but he was stronger than me. I felt so pathetic and small in that moment as he roughly dragged my body back to the house I was desperately trying to escape from.

I can't go back there.

I quickly yanked him back so he was facing me, lifted my leg, and kicked him in the groin with all my strength. He immediately let go of me, wincing and cursing in pain. Without a second thought, I took this chance and ran even faster towards the gates, which were just a few feet away.