Caught off guard by Daisy's sudden movement, Daryl instinctively reached over and placed his hand on her shoulder, creating a makeshift protective barrier as she clung desperately to his leg.

His intense gaze met the eyes of the other adults in the room, conveying a mix of concern, amusement, and defiance. "She don't want to do it," Daryl stated firmly, his voice unexpectedly gentle. "kid's scared, plain and simple. Aint no need to force her."

Daisy narrowed her eyes dramatically at the doctor, gripping Daryl's pant leg even tighter, silently daring him to try and make her comply. It was as if she was saying, 'Ha, I bet you won't try to get through scary Daryl.'

"Daisy, we understand you're frightened, but we can't afford to risk anyone's safety. These tests are important," Shane spoke up, his tone tinged with urgency and dripping with impatience.

Jacqui, standing nearby and gently rubbing Andrea's back, chimed in. "It's just a quick prick, sweetie. It'll be over before you know it."

"I'm really, really scared of needles," Dale added with a small cough and a gentle smile. "But I promise, it didn't hurt, not even a little bit."

But Daisy was no fool; she knew Dale was lying. There was no way an old man like him would be scared of a needle, and he was the first to volunteer to get his blood drawn. 

"But I don't want to!" Daisy's voice wavered, her eyes welling up with tears. She clung to Daryl even tighter, her small frame trembling with a mixture of anger and fear. The adults exchanged sympathetic glances, realizing that rational explanations alone might not be enough to persuade Daisy. "You can't make me! I don't want to!"

With an aggravated sigh, Glenn knelt down beside Daisy and Daryl, his frustration evident yet tempered with compassion. "Daisy, we understand how difficult it is, but sometimes we have to confront our fears. It's how we grow stronger. And you're already incredibly brave."

Daryl's grip on Daisy loosened slightly, allowing her to meet Glenn's earnest gaze. Tears glistened in her eyes as she mustered the courage to voice her concerns. "But what if it hurts?" she asked, genuine worry lacing her words. Fatigue tugged at her, and she rubbed at her eyes with her free hand in an attempt to ward off tiredness. "Please don't make me, Glenn."

Glenn's voice softened as he reached out to gently brush a strand of hair away from Daisy's face, his touch comforting. "We'll do everything we can to make sure it doesn't hurt too much. And I promise, I'll be right here, holding your hand the entire time."

Daisy hesitated, her wavering resolve evident as she weighed the words of her friends and the support they were offering. She glanced up at Daryl, silently seeking his guidance.

Daryl's stern expression softened as he looked down at the frightened little girl. Though words were not his forte, his actions spoke volumes.

With a gentle squeeze to her shoulder, he nodded, silently assuring her that he would be by her side.

Summoning every ounce of her courage, Daisy took a deep breath. "Okay," she whispered, her voice barely audible as Daryl gently released his hold on her, and she reached out to take Glenn's hand.

"That's my girl." He said, gently patting her head.

And so, with determination guiding her every step, Daisy, hand in hand with Glenn, approached the chair beside Dr. Jenner.

"Please be careful," Daisy requested in a hushed tone as she settled into the seat. "When- whenever I go to the doctor, they always poke me a lot because they can't find a vein," she rambled, her voice tinged with vulnerability. "D- daddy says it's because I'm scrawny."