Look At Me

---

If only I looked at you the way you look at me, we would've ended the catastrophe.

---

Click after click.

Chaeyoung could see through her peripheral vision—all her friends laughing, smiling, enjoying every bit of their time being together and here she was, being so proud and all of how they all turned out to be.

It's been years. Chaeyoung still couldn't forget. No, it's more like she doesn't want to forget.

Why do you like taking pictures so much?

Most people ask her questions like that.

Chaeyoung just can't help but to look at her own black camera. Even if she would explain as to why she cannot detach herself from this precious time-freezing thing, details after detail, no one would understand. No one.

That's why she would end up saying it's just her hobby and she likes photography. Some may continue to fret but most of them end it like that. Nothing more.

Looking through the lens, Chaeyoung can't help but to click again; Sana and Dahyun watching over the stars, hands on their waists as a yellow-colored blanket protects them from the cold wind; it was such a picturesque moment.

"Still doing that photography stuff, huh?" Tzuyu joins the small, noticing she has been quiet for a long time now.

Their group had planned this outing for a long time—an overnight stay at the Yoo's house. Chaeyoung just chuckled to Tzuyu's concern.

"Haven't you gotten used to it yet?" Chaeyoung holds out her camera and points it at Tzuyu, attempting to give it a shot.

Tzuyu sighed and replied, "Stop with the antics, Chae." But Chaeyoung ended up clicking the button anyway.

Pressing some keys, Chaeyoung pushed the buttons gently to look at Tzuyu's face. "This is so unfair, I was expecting a funny one," she held out the screen for Tzuyu to see.

Her face was still the same. Small, pretty, but with dimples showing as she was smiling giddily the whole time she started the conversation.

"Seriously, Chae," Tzuyu continues, not really minding what her face would look like. She knows she's gonna be pretty at any angle. Chaeyoung could just envy her confidence.

"I don't buy the reason why you like taking pictures now."

"I remember how you would cringe at that thought two years ago. What happened to the old Chaeyoung we knew?"

Chaeyoung really doesn't want to explain because no one would understand. But the truth is, she just couldn't help but to avoid that topic. She doesn't want to share her memories with that girl to anyone. Not even with her closest friends. She wanted to keep all her feelings inside. Or else she would be lying on the floor at her old apartment all over again, crying like a helpless little baby.

"I told you everything I want, nothing really much." She briefly replied.

"Really, don't think we would believe that ever again, Chaeyoung." Nayeon interrupts.

"We're worried for you," she added, standing beside Chaeyoung, glancing at the black camera.

"It's been months since you bought that camera. Sure, I love seeing my face with different expressions when you send it to us but... Chaeyoung, you hated pictures so much that I think you would even burn a whole album of yours if you can see any."