Turtle

Author's note

Hi everyone, I am sorry for not updating. My life was busy after being an active once who participated in voting and after that, I just wasn't in the best shape to write again.

If y'all noticed, I unpublished Tabi cause it bothers me so much to split the moments I could think of so instead, I am making it a one-shot.

I only write the parts I wanted to write cause it feels so romantic (i guess) and this is all my experience btw, except for the future part lol. That's why it is really important to me.

It may be not well-written and doesn't have a lot of details like a whole book has but I do hope you all will love this. Thank you for waiting!

---

Smelling new paint enveloped Mina's nose, she covered her face with a mask immediately as she knew it would not be good for her.

Mina went inside to what seemed to be like a new room. No furniture, only brown boxes of things with labels were visible through her eyes. The whole room was covered with white paint, explaining the smell Mina was aware of.

She just moved in with her lover in this renovated apartment and the room she was in right now is for the nursery. And yes, she covered her nose with a mask because not only it will affect her health but also the baby Mina was carrying inside her womb.

Humming a few notes, Mina opened the boxes one by one. It's not like she's gonna make all their things arranged all by herself but, Mina has barely done anything for today as her lover doesn't want her to work at all. Doing this small chore is not a big deal to her.

Mina wanted to help and with her lover snoring downstairs, she finally had the chance to do so.

Halfway through her work, she felt her hand cupping a book. When she took a look, all her memories seemed to flash everything in her mind at a speed of light, making her teared up because she reminisced about her whole journey from her early teenage years to now.

The book she was holding was her diary and she quickly opened it to know more about the things she has to go through to get here.

The first thing that was written was,

[2019]

This diary was supposed to contain our own love story but we had our chance, we're just too young to confess I guess.

Mina flipped onto the next page, goosebumps all over her body as she can already remember the time she was on her terrace at their old place, writing until her hands felt numb thinking about giving the diary to her first love.

But never did it happen.

Whilst writing the 3rd entry for their story, Mina finds herself tearing the pages that have been filled as she knew she won't be able to give it as a present.

Because they knew that neither of them was strong enough to gamble their relationship.

---

(The entries that was written before Mina teared up the pages)

[2017]

7th grade. The day we first met was the first day of our high school life. Everything is new to us, including the fact that we would fall for each other months later.