Don't leave me

Depuis le début

"Kook, catch me!" Na-Rae's voice echoed through the house. She leaped onto Jungkook's back, demanding a piggyback ride. Jungkook, taken aback at first, laughed and came up with the brilliant idea to sprint around with her, making her shriek with delight and the others laugh as they watched the playful chase. It seemed that he didn't need to worry so much. If the youngsters where happy, nothing was wrong, right?

In under five minutes, they made their way to the convenience store, gathering all their preferred food and drinks for the evening.

"Let's get something for the others too. Na-Rae, you can pick up some gimbap; Jungkook, grab some drinks; Tae, get some ramyeon; and Jimin, go for snacks." Hoseok said, and Jimin, who was nearby, was the only one to nod in agreement as he headed for the snack aisle.

°°°

Back home, they found Namjoon and Yoongi already sitting in their seats, watching some random cartoons. Yoongi's attention was glued to his phone, either reading something or messaging.

"Oppa, you're home!" Na-Rae shouted, tossing her bag aside and hugging Namjoon from the back.

"Hello, you too!" Namjoon said with a smile, patting her hands that were resting on his chest.

"How was your day?" she asked, letting go of him and walking around the seat, to sit next to him.

"Good, how about yours?"

"Pretty okay, I think. We learned something new in math, and in P.E., I won the 100m sprint. This made Kook mad, and he wanted revenge, so we ran again after school, and he won this time but only by cheating. Isn't that right, Kook!" Na-Rae crossed her arms on her chest and glared at Jungkook, who was watching her like he didn't care. Namjoon couldn't help but hide his smile, happy to see her in such high spirits.

"Some call it cheating, some call it smart thinking," Jungkook said, while Taehyung and Jimin snickered.

"In my eyes, it's still cheating if you do it on purpose," Yoongi chimed in without even looking up from his phone.

"See—" Na-Rae continued, her attitude in full force as she thanked Yoongi for his support.

The conversation continued with Na-Rae sharing more about her day. Hoseok grew concerned as Jin's absence lingered, and he tried calling him several times without success.

"What's the matter, Hobi?" Yoongi asked, noticing the frustration on Hoseok's face.

Hoseok sighed before he began, "You know... Has anyone heard anything about Jin Hyung? He doesn't answer his phone, and I'm getting a bit worried over here." He looked around at the others, seeking answers.

"Well," Namjoon began, "I heard him at lunch. He left after his vocal practice, saying he would be going to our dorm, so I thought he was in his room."

The younger members exchanged concerned glances, realizing that Jin was missing. "Maybe he's at my apartment?" Na-Rae suggested, attempting to hide her distress.

Hoseok immediately offered to look over there, "I will check there," and headed toward her apartment. However, he returned within minutes, shaking his head in response to the unspoken question. "No, he isn't there," he confirmed before his phone vibrated with a new message.

"Hobi, I'm sorry I didn't tell anyone earlier, but I won't be coming home tonight. I need some time alone to think. As much as I love you all, I need to do this on my own. Don't worry about me; I've already talked to our managers, and they understand. I've been granted a few days off. Please don't search for me; I will come back. Don't worry, take care of yourself and the other. See you later." Hoseok read the message out loud, leaving the other members perplexed.