"But why are we here?" Kevin asked the question which was boiling in my mind for some time.

"We have to strike a bet with Dante. And if we win, we can end things smoothly." He explained making sure he have our attention. "It's an unspoke rule that no one here should fight outside the ring. So if we need him, we should take him down on the ring"

"But what if he wins?" I asked knitting my brows skeptically at him.

"That is something we shouldn't let happen.”

"What?" I scoffed in disbelief at his carefree tone.

"You said Aarvin will join us here, but will he come to this kind of place?" Helen asked looking around the place with a frown.

"I'm sure he will."

Something in his tone made me frown.

Am I missing something?

Before I could ponder over that, the sound of tiers crunching over the mettle made us turn around to witness the arrival of one more member. But none of the night had made me ready myself to expect the sight welcomed me.

I couldn't even avert my eyes from the figure to look at others to check whether I was the only one being delusional right now. Delusion or not, it was too much of a surprising view to miss out.

I blinked.

It was Aarvin. Stepping out of a black sleek truck, dressed in a black hoodie with its sleeves pulled up to his elbow. Added with his black denim jeans and black boots, he looks like Morningstar out for his night hunt.

His hair was combed in a neat wave partially hidden under his hoodie. His striking grey orbs looked around the surroundings without giving away any emotions.

When they roamed all around the parking lot and finally found us, he strode over to us with his hands tucked in his pant pockets.

And here I thought I would have to force him to leave his tie while entering the club!

Bloody Fucker.

"Shall we go in?" He asked Nordin and since I was busy gawking at him, I didn't see him nod his head in reply.

And I also didn't see the expressions on my friends' faces which absolutely matched mine.

"You okay?" I blinked my eyes at Aarvin hearing his question.

"Huh?"

With an amused smile he motioned me to close my mouth with his thumb and forefinger.

"Do I look that good today?" He teased with an irking yet beautiful smirk on his aggravatingly handsome face.

I huffed.

"I've seen better." I said, in an attempt to mask my embarrassment at being caught ogling at him, with annoyance.

I think my words did poke his ego that the amusement in his eyes were soon replaced by his usual poker face.

"You mean like Chase?" He asked blankly making me lift an eyebrow in question.

"Chase? Who the - you mean Chase?" Realization dawned on me as my smile widened thinking about my kitten.

"Chase! Yeah…My Chase is really sweet. He is so cute and so damn precious!" I cooed dreamily and for reasons unknown to me, his face darkened even more.

Before I could question him, Gwen interrupted.

"You guys coming or not?" He asked setting his lips into a thin line.