I pressed my lips tightly, and said.

"I'm aware, Dad. I won't let you down."

"Good. I have great trust in you." He nodded and tapped my back.

We had barbecue for lunch at the poolside. The usual thing that my grandparents' loved to do on Sundays. Hanging out by the pool, playing cards, talking about random stuff, me in particular, and drinking mocktails.

The table was filled with stuff. Grilled organic chicken, rib eye steak, lamb chops, filet mignon, Salmon with herbs, grilled corn and veggies. I've never felt so hungry in my life, that I ate a lot.

"Hey Seb, are you okay?" Mom asked, "you might want to slow down, you're eating a lot."

"I didn't get much sleep last night, I'm eating to compensate." I took another piece of lamb chop, and indulged in it.

"What kept you awake?" Grandma Pia asked curiously.

"A lot of stuff."

"Hmm...a lot of sweet stuff for sure," she teased.

Last night I tossed and turned trying to sleep. I explored around fifty sleeping positions, but still failed.

I kept on thinking of Sweet, and the kiss we shared. I had no words to describe it, it was beyond amazing. I've never had that kind of kiss with anyone ever before. The thought of it always built an ache inside me, longing to be sated.

Dammit. This thing is messing up my revenge plan.

Sweet

Marie walked her Bichon Frisé early this morning and dropped by our house. We were in the living room drinking coffee and eating waffles.

"Did you get to interview Sebastian last night?" She asked, then sipped her coffee.

"Sadly, no." I winced. "I tried many times to ask him about the princess drama, but he always diverted the topic. And when I insisted, he said that we're not having an interview but a date."

"Oh no. I'm afraid he won't spill the tea."

"That's what I thought too," I bit my lower lip, and sighed.

"Don't worry, you still have enough time before you submit the draft." She reminded me.

"Yeah, right. I'll corner him on our next date," I leaned forward, putting my arms on the table, "I'll make him talk."

"I wonder how'd you do that? Chain him on a chair and won't let him go unless he'd tell you everything about the princess drama?" Her eyebrows rose wickedly.

"Hmm...I'll probably do that," I said and we both laughed. "But kidding aside, I'll think of a way to make him open up to me."

"You should," she grinned, then finished her waffle.

"But you know what, I learned a lot about him yesterday. He's a bookworm."

"Oh, really?"

"Imagine, he read more than 2,000 books!" I raised my hands briefly.

"Wow, that's incredible for someone who is known as a notorious playboy."

"I know, right. He also has a massive collection of miniature toys. Robots, planes, spaceships, cars and others. He made a house, like a mini museum for them."

"Wow. How lucky those toys are."

I told her about his daily routine, the interior design of his penthouse, the paintings of his grandfather and so on.

I made a lopsided grin, then said, "guess what?"

"What?" She sipped her coffee.

"He cooked dinner for me," I said in a singsong voice.

"Oh," she choked on her coffee, and was coughing. "Really? What did you eat for dinner? Let me guess. Fried eggs...bacon, sausages and fries?"

"Nope. He cooked Beef Wellington, croissants, chocolate soufflé, chicken waldorf salad and calamari."

Her mouth fell open, then said.

"You've got to be kidding me. He knows Gordon Ramsay's special dish, Beef Wellington?"

"Yes. He took lessons from his French Chef to make our dinner special."

"Why did he do that?" Her forehead creased, "Unless, he's trying to impress you, girl."

"You think so?"

She nodded, "I knew it. This is what this dating deal is all about."

"Hey. What are you talking about?"

"He's attracted to you. Now that you're halfway in your agreement, he's making a move. He used his charms and cooked a meal for you to take you to bed. Am I right?" Her eyebrows rose questioningly.

"I don't know..." I pressed my lips tightly, then said, "we didn't make it to bed, I stopped him when our kiss went too far."

"Oh my God," she pressed her hands to her cheeks, "so, you kissed again?"

"Um, yeah," I shrugged. "For real."

"OH. MY. GOD. Girl, you're going to deeply fall in love with him if you're not careful." She warned.

"I know, I shouldn't have kissed him..."

"Let me remind you again," She leaned forward, and started giving me a lecture. "That badass billionaire will break your heart into pieces. He can't offer you the real thing, which is love, romance, commitment and marriage, because he doesn't believe in it."

"Of course, I know that. All he can offer is only the...physical thing."

"Exactly! You'd end up being used for SEX. Yeah, it would be so good, no doubt about that, he's an expert. He'd bring you to heaven every now and then, but when he gets bored and tired of you, you'll be discarded like an old toy."

"I don't want that to happen."

"Definitely. You need a man who can give you physical connection and emotional comfort. Unfortunately, Sebastian Stavrakos can't give you both."

"What am I going to do? I can't stop thinking of him, and that explosive kiss we shared. I'm afraid, I'm starting to fall for him."

She stood up abruptly, then stopped me from saying anything.

"That has to stop. Immediately. I care for you, and I don't want you to make a mistake loving someone who doesn't deserve it." She sat down again, then clasped my hand, "What about Jace? I thought you loved him. For you, he's the one that got away, right?"

"He still is. I find emotional comfort when I'm with him," I exhaled heavily, "but with Sebastian, I feel this thrill and excitement that I've never felt before. It's euphoric, indescribable and he makes me feel so alive."

"But so wrong. You need to open your mind to Jace. Give him a chance. Because he can give you a physical thing, though not as crazy as you feel with Sebastian... but the emotional comfort is there. He will love you, take care of you, and never hurt you."

I nodded, agreeing to her.

I never had to tell her that I saw a girl's wallet in his bathroom's drawer. That's a big red flag already.

"You're right."

We got interrupted when the doorbell rang. I stood up and went to the front door to open it.

My eyes grew big, seeing the visitor. Speaking of the...angel.

"Jace! What a surprise."

"Hi Sweet." His eyes brightened. "I really mean to surprise you."

Marie stood between us, her arms clasped together, then said. "Just perfect."