~chapter 15~

We finally finished the video, and by the end, I felt sick.

We drank so many different things with the cereal, including dish soap, mayo, and a ton of alcohol, and right now, I felt very drunk.

Me and schlatt were lying on the floor of the living room, looking up at the ceiling fan, laughing our asses off. We had no idea where Ted went. All we were aware of was each other.

"Tell me about yourself," he spoke for the first time in a while, his words quite slurred due to the alcohol.

"I live with my sister in Montana, I have a brother living in Texas, and I'm twenty-two," I slurred, looking out the window, staring at nothing.

"What about your parents?" He asked, his curiosity getting the best of him.

"My dad lives in Montana, still in our childhood home," I said, giggling, thinking about all the memories we had at that house.

"What about your mom?" He asked, still curious.

I stopped laughing, my face slightly dropping at the question. I glanced back to him, finding his eyes already looking into mine.

"she left my dad when we were 13, married some rich guy, and started a new family. She's living in some country in Europe now." I spoke with no emotion evident.

"Do you miss her?" He whispered, looking at the side of my face as I stared up.

"No." That was a lie. I did miss her. Although I would never admit that to anyone.

The room went silent.

"What about you? You must have some tragic back story, " I laughed.

"My childhood was great, I grew up in a big house, went to school, and had good grades. I went to college parties and met girls, and I had fun. Halfway through my first year of college, I met a girl. God, this amazing girl."

The corner of his mouth twitched into a smile thinking about the girl. I almost got jealous of the thought that he found someone.

"What happened?" I asked.

It took him a while, but he finally answered...

"She cheated, and i found out about it a couple of months after. I broke it off with her, but it hurt, i mean, she lied to me for that long?" he said, just staring at the ceiling.

"What was her name?" I said, sitting up and resting my back against the front of the couch, schlatt following in pursuit.

"I don't want to talk about her. It was three years ago anyway," he continued to stare at the ceiling.

I just stared at him.

"We should go to sleep , it's your turn on the bed," he whispered so quietly I almost couldn't hear him.

"Oh ok," I said, saddened our conversation was over.

He got up and walked to the bathroom, locking and shutting the door.

I couldn't move, just sat there taking in everything he said, hoping I wouldn't forget it in the morning.

But let's be real, I'm never going to forget our conversation.