Chapter I - A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

April. It was that time of the month that I, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, would be enrolling in the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. It's quite a different environment from that place as there were things that I didn't experience before. I suppose it's understandable when someone such as myself didn't get the luxury of living out an ordinary life.

Anyhow, whether or not I will be able to live out my school life here for the next three years is yet to be seen. I stood here at the concrete stairs at the entrance of the school, looking up at the bright blue sky. I suppose there wasn't really any reason to be standing around so I took my first few steps and continued walking to the designated area.

When I arrived at the Multipurpose room, I was told to take a seat with the class I was informed about when I first got accepted into the school, Class-1-D, my new class. I took a quick look around and saw a few interesting people however, one of which caught my attention. They were a young girl with light pink hair, around my age, seated over in the far left of me. I wasn't paying any particular attention to everything that was going on around me but soon thereafter, someone spoke over a microphone on the podium.

"Greetings, students. I am the principal of this school. I welcome you all as we are delighted to have you here. Unfortunately, the student council president was unable to make it here due to an internal conflict among the student council as well as the third year students. So for the opening statement, I will be giving it on his behalf," said the neatly dressed man, holding a piece of paper in his hands.

Anyways, let's skip towards after the opening ceremony. It was rather boring to be honest, I'm sure most students also felt that way. In any event, it's done and over with. I was currently walking towards my assigned classroom and couldn't help but remember what we we're given before we left. Each of us was given a cellphone and were told that we couldn't use them until we got to class. Of course, as someone who's never experienced a normal school life before, I didn't find it strange until a few students had confused looks on their faces when I observed them.

When I got inside the school building, I looked at the plaques that were displayed above each room and found the room I was looking for, 'Class-1-D' the sign read. The school building was three floors high, the first floor contained the first year students and the second and third, I'm guessing you could already figure it out. Each floor had their own individual faculty office for the first, second and third year teachers. Putting all that aside, I'm stalling for time since I didn't really know what I should do when I enter this room. I've never really had made any friends before so I didn't understand the way to interact with other students.

As a follower of the ostrich policy and someone who typically dislikes getting into troublesome situations, I figured that I need to at least make some friends during my time here. The day before I started going to this school, I've been trying to hone my skills in communication, of course that failed, so I ran different scenarios about what I think is going to happen.

Just as I was contemplating my course of actions, the girl from earlier had ran into me, looking out of breath.

"Uh, hey! Is this Class-1-D?" The girl questioned.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. This is Class-1-D."

"Ah, finally! Sorry, I just kind of got lost on my way here," She had said, letting out a nervous laugh.

Based on first impressions, I didn't find anything malicious behind her words. Instead, she gave of a feeling that's rather.. warm..? That's one way to describe it I suppose.

"Um, so if it's okay to ask. What's your name?"

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka."

"So Ayanokouji-kun then. I'm Ichinose Honami, nice to meet you!"