Chapter 13

"Chosen"

"well, my gut wrenching feeling was right

"well, my gut wrenching feeling was right...."

.

.

.

I walked in the great hall with Lyall and Castor, they were making fun of my unfortunate hight and I was not having it, "shut the fu- " I stopped mid sentence seeing  upon seeing the Great Hall almost completely changed. In the middle of the Hall was the Cup which was giving out great blue flames. We sat down next to Ron, Harry and Hermione, Fred and George not far away.

"Hope it's Angelina," said Fred."So do I!" said Hermione breathlessly. "Well, we'll soon know!" 

The Halloween feast seemed to take much longer than usual. I didnt really fancy the food, but still ate because I will probably fancy it tonight when going to sleep. I guess im not the only one because everyone was in the same situation as they craned their necks to see if Dumbledore's finished eating. 

I just wanted to know who had gotten selected.At long last, the golden plates returned to their original spotless state; there was a sharp upswing in the level of noise within the Hall, which died away almost instantly as Dumbledore got to his feet.

 On either side of him, Professor Karkaroff and Madame Maxime looked as tense and expectant as anyone. Ludo Bagman was beaming and winking at various students. Mr. Crouch, however, looked quite uninterested, almost bored."Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumbledore. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. 

Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" - he indicated the door behind the staff table - "where they will be receiving their first instructions. "He took out his wand and gave a great sweeping wave with it; at once, all the candles except those inside the carved pumpkins were extinguished, plunging them into a state of semidarkness.

After just a few minutes the Cup's blue light turned a blinding red and a toun of fire shot from it and a charred piece of paper flew out of it. The whole room gasped. 

Dumbledore grabbed the piece of paper and held it in light of the goblet and read out loud. "the champion of Drumstrang is......" everyone sits on the edge of their seats waiting. "Victor Krum!!".

"No surprise there!!" Ron yells out, Everyone applauds and cheers for the said guy and the Drumstrang students congratulate the Quidditch Champion,

The clapping and chatting died down. Now everyone's attention was focused again on the goblet,which, seconds later, turned red once more. A second piece of parchment shot out of it, propelled by the flames."The champion for Beauxbatons," said Dumbledore, "is Fleur Delacour!"