Chapter 12

Hermione knows everything

I was sitting in the library listening to Dancing queen by Abba on my mothers walkman and headphones which I had found in the box, I have to say my mother had great taste, I mean of course she did she's my mother after all,

I was sitting in the library trying to finish the load of homework and the other load of punishment essays Snape's been giving me along with the detentions. All this really isn't helping my sleep schedule and the loss of points is really not putting a good impression on my classmates, but the man has got some huge beef with me and I don't even know what's got his greasy hair in a twist.

I was humming lazily to the music ignoring the other people in the library giving me weird looks along with Madam Pince who was giving me death and knowing glances every few minutes, I guess my father really made an impression on her, because I had asked her where the charms and astronomy books were, I really enjoyed Astronomy and my favourite will always be Regulus the brightest star in the constellation Leo. It always seems to light up like it was talking to me telling me how proud it was.

I had told Pince about this because I didnt know she was going to be such a grumpy ass women, she just scoffed and said and I quote, "just like her father and his band of baboons", I had let out a dramatic gasp, and then my brain took a retake of what she said and the i blurted, "you know-

"of course i know child now close that never ending mouth of yours",

After a few minutes someone takes my headphones of. "Oi!!".
"Sorry"
"Shhhhhhhhh"
I shrug at Madam Pince and I turn to look at Hermione, she looks bothered with her brows furrowed and a curious look in her eyes I sigh " well,whats the problem" I ask her, she looks around then says "I know your last name isn't Rivers", I chuckle nervously " what do you mean haha" I try to ignore looking at her. " well it definitely isn't Ponds, such a ridiculous name"
We hear a insulted scoff, I look beside me to see Hailey Ponds looking at me like I insulted her whole family which I guess I kind of did, I give her a look of apology. she takes her books of her table death glaring at me, The brown haired girl leaves the library stomping,

I look at Hermione to see a dead panned look on her face. She rolls her eyes and says " I can't say it here come on" she takes my hand and drags me to a secluded area of the library. I raise my eyebrow at her, "ok well I know your name isn't Adelaide Rivers", "you don't know that I mean you don't have any proof" I say trying to convince her that she going bonkers.

"infact I do have proof" She smiles and takes a picture out of her bag she shows it to me, It was of a family of two parents and two children, It was a picture of my family, The woman had red hair a warm smile and beautiful kind emerald eyes just like her two children She was holding a black haired baby boy in her hands, The child had a grateful smile and was looking at his mother with love , The man in the photo had black unruly hair as unruly as mine, He had a silly expression on his face making the red haired baby in his hands laugh at her father, He had coffee coloured eyes, his eyes glistening with mischief just like mine were,

I smile sadly at this photo, My eyes stinging, I blink profusely to stop any tears from escaping. 'I wish they were here, why couldn't it stay like this forever' I look up to see Hermione looking at me, an observant look on her look, " The baby in the photo" She points at the red haired child laughing at her father her eyes shining bright with happiness, I nod. " thats Harrys long lost sister, She went missing after......" she pauses and continues without completing the sentence , "Harry might be a bit too dense but I definitely am not" She states confidently, I smile.

"You look just like this woman, I mean just like it " She says pointing at my mother, "you also have the same glint of mischief in your eyes as this man, Lets not forget the unruly hair you, Harry and this man shares" she grimaces at the state of my hair which was in a very very lazy bun.

she takes my hand grabbing my finger which had the lightning mark and shoves it in my face, "same scar as Harry!". My eyes were wide in shock my mouth slightly open.

"well?" She looks at me expectedly, I sigh, It was about time she found out anyways.

I look at her, , "your right", She smiles a wide smile and has a short silent victory dance which makes me smile slightly.
"I really shouldn't have under estimated you huh", "you really shouldn't have".
.............................................................................
Me and Hermione were studying together. she shares her opinions on the Elfs at Hogwarts, I listened to her to not seem like a bad friend, She asked me to join S.P.E.W, I agreed because I felt bad and why not support a good friend, I asked her who else was there and she said Lyall,herself,  Hagrid and few other names that I didnt know.

Of course Lyall was there, He would never hurt a friend,

 Then we got to the topic of about the Triwizard Tournament. and I had this really bad gut feeling that this was not going to end well.

"I don't think this is going to end well".
"Of course not, it's definitely not-"

She gets cut of by a loud thud. I look ahead while Hermione turned to look at the noise to see that it was Ron's crush, also known as "Krum?", I mutter, He frantically picked up his book and rushed of, his face tinted a slight red.
"What a daft guy" I say confused. Hermione slightly nods.