Special Cousin

It was almost 1 am at night. Yet Meerab couldn't sleep. She just kept tossing and turning on the bed. Sleep was far away from her eyes. Sighing she got down from bed and sat on the sofa.

The sofa he used to sleep. How?

That sofa was anything but comfortable for anyone to sleep and too small for his whole body to fit in. Yet he slept there days after days. Just because she didn't let him sleep on bed.

His very own king sized bed.

She palmed her face and sat there not knowing what is to do now. How to fix everything between them?

She knew she had so many flaws. She made a contract, made him eat fish despite of knowing his dislike, went against his decision but man!! Just keep yourself at her place. She did what she felt right.  But what now? Why now this things make her sad?

One thing she realised, she just can't tolerate his silence, his anger. These should be always for others. Not for her.   She was Meerab, his wife..

His wife!! That made sense actually.

And that made her smile. She found herself slowly accepting the fact that he was her husband.

Her officially wedded husband.

And that was the moment she decided to give the best in their marriage. She didn't know whether she was in love or not but one thing she knew was life wipp be colorless if there won't be any Murtasim Khan.

Thinking about something, she climbed the bed and started calling Murtasim.

"Murtasim?! Murtasim, wake up!"

But when he didn't wake up even after calling him 10 times,  Meerab just screamed loudly that made him jolt up.

"What just happened Meerab? Are you okay?"

"I just want to have ice cream." She shrugged as if it was the most obvious thing.

"So go to the kitchen. It's in the fridge."

"You are not coming with me?"

"No. I am too sleepy." Saying so he was going to get back to sleep.

"If you don't go with me, then I will...."

"You will?? What will you do? Stop talking to me? Fight with me? Go ahead. Good night." He smirked

She was fuming in anger. Here she was trying to take a step towards them and he was having none. She was about to shout than teh idea came into her mind.

"Murtasim, are you coming to the kitchen with me or not?"

"No. Do whatever you want."

She smiled evily and looked down at his face tracing his jaw and said,

" Fine then I will call you Bhai."

This one word made his eyes shot open. Her calling him bhai? Astagfirullah!

"What the hell are you talking idiot? For God's sake I am your hu...."

He stopped inthe middle remembering all the times she denied to be his wife. But she had other plans for today.

"Yes. You are my husband. Now. But before that we are cousins. Remember our fathers are sibling. So that makes you my cousin. And you are 4 years older than me. So technically, if we weren't married I had to call you b...." her rant was stopped in the middle as Murtasim pressed his palm on it.

"Dare you use Murtasim and bhai  in a sentence. I am not your brother. I never was." The idea of Meerab calling him Bhai made him want to puke. But what made him amused is Meerab saying he was her Meerab.