17 🔫

Porsche

I had already dismissed Pol and Bas so they could concentrate on tightening the security. No body guard was allowed to leave the mansion alone until the problem was resolved. The top security personnel were out hunting for Ken's body. The burden was too much to bear.

I avoided eating dinner that night. It was better that way. I didn't have the right answers nor the energy to batter back and forth on the reasons why Kinn would be absent for dinner and not home as usual.

I was lounging in the TV room thinking about the rest of my life when Tankhun waltzed in.

"Aww Porsche, what are you doing here alone?" he asked, his hair was tinted red hue, and he wore a flamboyant purplish pajamas.

I wasn't prepared to meet someone let alone Tankhun. I shrugged. "Nothing. Just watching TV."

"What about Kinn?"

"Um... Fine. He's fine."

Tankhun leaned on his elbow and bated his eyelids. That was new but it could only mean one thing.

"What? Was Pong here?"

"Shhh..." Tankhun covered my mouth with his fingers.

My eyes lit up. "Wait... Did you?"

Tankhun blushed and looked away. Then he nodded.

The old Porsche would have made fun of him for sharing his feelings with me, but I restrained myself from acting like an asshole. This was a special time for Tankhun.

Pong is the first person Tankhun ever brought home. Whatever happened between both of them could have been a first kiss or sex, whatever, I was proud of my brother in law.

"You're the one we all look up to. You've been with my brother for six years. So maybe I can get some relationship tips from you."

I smiled. "You want to turn me to a motivational speaker huh?"

"No..." Tankhun waved his hand in the air. "Everyone can see how much you care about each other. I also want that for Pong and I. You understand?"

"I understand." Where would I even begin with this topic, I thought. "Okay. First of you have to be genuinely interested in this person. Secondly, you want to be sure this person feel the same way about you. Thirdly, you both have to put in the work to grow the love between you guys. I'm saying from my experience."

"Is this how you and Kinn made it this far?"

"Mm," I nodded.

"Is that the secret? There is no love portion somewhere?"

I laughed. "No love portion. You can ask Kinn. Maybe he would have something different to say."

"Oho... I think I get it now."

"Get what?"

"I get why Kinn loves you so much."

"Why?"

"You're so smart."

Tankhun smiled and left the room just as he came.

I resumed my hard feelings. On days like this P'Yok usually came to mind. She knew how to alleviate my mood. I took out my phone from my pocket and dialed her number.

"Happy Anniversary!" her voice resounded on the other end before I could say anything.

"Oi... That's cheating. My anniversary was a day before yesterday."

"Oh Porsche. Forgive me. I was just about to call you before you called. Forgive me na kha..."

"Forgiven..."