"Huh?" you blinked. "But... the number seventeen..."

"It ended in 1700! For fuck's sake!"

"Oh," you replied simply. "I guess that makes sense. I'll keep that in mind for next time."

Katsuki was close to ripping out all his hair. Watching you flounder like a fucking dipshit was actually stressing him out. You couldn't read or write properly, you didn't know the most common things in terms of history-not just Japanese history, but major global events too-and every time the teacher spoke, your eyes were glossy and wide, as if you were a newborn only just coming to terms with the world around you.

Honestly, you belonged back with the preschoolers, not here with kids that were less than a year away from entering high school.

During the very last period of the day, math, the teacher decided to call on you once again.

"[Name]," he said. "Please come up to the board and solve this equation for me."

Katsuki enjoyed tormenting people as much as the next dickhead, but this was getting a bit painful to watch, even for him.

You really were thick-skinned, though. As you walked up to the board, your eyes didn't betray the slightest twinge of nervousness or any other discomfort. Maybe that was one of the benefits of being an idiot. You didn't even realize just how much others were judging you for it.

The teacher wasn't testing you like this to be sadistic or anything. He seemed genuinely perplexed as to how you'd even made it to middle school. It was a mystery how you hadn't been held back up until now. He seemed to be wondering if your placement in this class was some sort of mistake.

That was probably why he gave you a relatively simple equation to solve. If you couldn't do something like this, then clearly, there was an issue.

"Oh, this is easy!" you grinned, and your carefree attitude made Katsuki scoff in his seat.

Yeah, right. You're just gonna royally fuck it up like you've done with everything else-

"All done!"

The teacher blinked. "Huh? That quick? Oh... y-yes. That's the right answer. I suppose this one was fairly straightforward, after all."

Katsuki furrowed his brows. Well, whatever. What you'd just done was nothing impressive. It was the bare minimum, honestly.

"Let's try something a bit more complicated," the teacher suggested. He gave you another equation to solve-this time, one that would probably give half the class a bit of trouble. Katsuki had always been smart, so it was child's play for him, but he doubted you'd be able to figure it out, with your pea-brain and all.

Except you did. And super quickly, as a matter of fact.

Katsuki grimaced. "How the fuck can she do that, but she doesn't know the most basic shit?"

"Good job, [Name]!" The teacher looked relieved to know that you weren't completely hopeless. "Um... maybe just one more to try out. This is one is very difficult, though. Even third-year highschoolers would struggle to solve it, so don't feel discouraged if it doesn't make any sense."

The equation on the board was difficult to make sense of, even for Katsuki. He gritted his teeth in annoyance. Well, the teacher did say it was something that wouldn't be covered until the final year of high school, so there was no helping it.

"This one's easy too," you beamed, and proceeded to make quick work of solving it.

Now, the teacher-as well as the entire class-was stunned to silence.

Bloodthirst | BNHA x Vampire!Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें