FOUR

Warning: Mature Content 🫥
——————————————————————————

You ruined so many lives. How could you? You aren't a hero. You're a COWARD!

I sat straight up fighting the voice that was screaming at me in my head. Another nightmare. It had been a week since my last one and yet the fear and dread never seemed to go away.

I realized it was still dark out so I tried to lay back down but my eyes stayed wide awake. I tried to distract myself, trick my mind into going back to sleep. I thought of Honeydukes and flying around the hamlets. I thought of Poppy and Garreth hilariously arguing over who gets to name the newest Mooncalf they recently rescued. Then suddenly, I thought about him. Sebastian Sallow.

It had been just one week since I had seen him for the first time in years and yet I found myself constantly wanting more of him. How did I ever go six years without seeing him? And why was I suddenly feeling this way?

I thought about his hair and how it sat so softly on his head. I thought about his eyes staring into mine that night being ever so attentive as I spoke. I thought about his smile, that charming Sebastian Sallow smile.

And those lips...

No. Not that. I shook my head as if I could physically shake the thought of him out of my mind.

"What is going on with me? Get it together." I said out loud to myself.

I turned to my side and closed my eyes shut tight. I tried to think of anything but Sebastian. I just wanted to get some more sleep. But my mind was racing with thoughts of him. His charm. His laugh. His muscles. I had to get out of bed. I couldn't stand it anymore.

I quickly got dressed and quietly snuck down to the Hogwarts grounds. I walked through the north exit and continued down the winding road leading towards Hogsmeade. I was not even sure where I was walking to, I just needed to walk.

I tried clearing my head shutting out the thoughts I was stuck with. I did not want to have another nightmare but I did not want to think of him either. At least, not the way that I was. Neither situation helped me sleep. As I continued to walk I realized I was standing at the entrance of the forbidden forest. I stopped and stared at the entrance, the honking daffodil's squawked loudly as I got closer to the entrance.

I looked across the bridge and got chills thinking of the moments I had in that forest. It was almost nostalgic looking at that entrance. How young I was to be exploring such a dark and dangerous place. But that never stopped me. I would run in without fear every time I had some sort of quest, no matter the time of day.

I was about to turn back when I heard an odd noise. It sounded like a creature in pain. I squinted trying to see if I saw anything close but all I could hear was the painful sound. I moved closer to th entrance before finally crossing that bridge.

"Lumos-" I said as I held up my wand. I walked deeper into the forest as I followed the sound. I could hear the sound growing louder the deeper into the forest I went, following each winding road.

"Where are you?"

Suddenly, I heard the sound of a spell cast. I could see sparks of red to my left. I turned knowing I had just ventured into something more than I was asking for. But I couldn't leave. I had to save this animal.

"Where's the cage? Bloody 'ell I told you to be ready!" I heard the voice say.

Poachers.

Was this Poppy's parents? Was it random poachers? And what were they doing to that poor animal?