How to Face a Part of Your Past

It was a month later and I was sitting on the beige couch in my house with the televison on.  Brayden was upstairs for some reason and I didn't bother him.  I assumed he wanted to take a nap or watch his own show for a while.

I heard the usual pounding of feet on the stairs as he fell down next to me with a goofy grin.  "Hey, girfriend."  He winked and took a handful of popcorn from the small bowl sitting on the small table.

While we were watching Suits on T.V., he jokingly tried the stretch, yawn, and wrap around her shoulders trick.  He smiled at me and I kissed him on the nose.

"Very funny . . . B-Dog?" I tried.  Brayden turned to me quickly.  With his eyebrows raised, he looked electrocuted but without the electricity.  I took that as a huge no-no.

"Um, Bray Bray?"  He shook his head.  "Oh right.  I already called that one and you didn't like it," I complained as I ruffled his brown hair affectionately.

"Fine!  Brah-Brah."  I grinned so widely my face started to hurt.  My giddiness started to fade as soon as I saw a certain expression on his face.  "Oh no, Brayden.  Please!"

"Roar!" he shouted as the mischievous glint in his eyes became even more alive by the flames in the fireplace.  That's when he attacked my belly with his tickling hands.

I squirmed and curled into a little ball as I laughed and screamed at the same time.  "No!  Stop!" I pleaded.  I knew I was about to roll off of the couch and onto the floor any second.

"Say sorry, Kat!" he warned.

"Never ever ever," I gasped defiantly.  "Eek!" I shouted as I felt myself start to slip from the couch.  My head was almost to the white carpet when Brayden brought his hand out quickly and placed it firmly behind my back.

He brought me back up and smirked slightly with his slight dimples resting innocently on the sides of his face.  "Be more careful next time, Kat-nip."

I punched him lightly on the arm and narrowed my eyes playfully.  "Kat-nip is not going to be my nickname!"  I knew that he just said that to get even with my try on 'Brah-Brah'.  Although Kat-nip was way better than 'Brah Brah', it just goes to show how sweet Brayden was.

"I didn't go to Harvard," Mike said on the T.V.  My eyes widened and I squealed loudly.  Brayden jumped from his seat slightly.  I felt his eyes on me even though I was transfixed by Mike's expression on the T.V. screen.

"You squeal way to much, you know that?" Brayden complained.  "From the two months we've been dating, this month has been the worse squealing spree."  Putting a finger on his soft lips, I tried to silence him.  The conversation on Suits was really intense. . . Brayden just kept going.  "It's because of your shows that you watch!"

"Stop talking!" I snapped impatiently.  "Sorry, but seriously."  I didn't want to seem like a brat at my last comment.

"Too bad!"  He pulled on my arm gently.  I didn't budge at all and stubbornly  stayed at my seat.  "You need to get out of the house for a change."

"No I don't."

"Yes, you do."  Before I knew it, Brayden picked me up bridal style and kissed me on the forehead.  "There we go!  Now come on, we're going to the car."

I tried to kicked into the air to make him lose some balance, but he was just too strong.  I could feel the muscles in his arms and chest as he held me.

"You're too strong," I said aloud.

He looked down at me as we walked outside.  "Is that a bad thing?" he laughed.  " 'cause I can get fat if you want.  Some people think fat is sexy.  I just didn't think you'd be one of them!"  I looked at him like he was crazy.  He just wiggled his eyebrows in response.