『T』『w』『e』『l』『v』『e』

🄱🄴🄵🄾🅁🄴   🄲🄷🅁🄸🅂🅃🄼🄰🅂    🄳🄾🄽🅄🅃

The days have passed again. And it was two weeks before Christmas and Jackson called and told me that I'm allowed to come back to work. And today was the day. I was quite excited to go back because it was quite long that I didn't go.

Turning off the engine of my car, I sighed and left my Mazda with a small smile. Jackson waited already at the front door and waved with a box of donuts. I waved back and stepped out of the car.

"Hey, there you are!" He called and I quickly walked up to him. We hugged shortly and he handed me my donut, a chocolate one.

"I'm still mad at you for lying but… we're still friends." He claimed after we entered the building and walked to my office.

For the next few weeks or even months I'll be doing paperwork. The good thing about it, I will read about different cases and maybe somewhere in the mess of the documents, I'll find the 1996 house fire of the Cribbs family.

As I started with the papers, Officer Dexter came in. My boss. He poked his head through but then he walked in and laid a letter on my table. Confused, I looked up.

"It's an invite to the Christmas dinner in one week." He said. I smiled and nodded.

"Yea, forgot we have that every year. Thank you!" I said, he then sat down on the chair and looked at me.

"I'm really sorry about putting you here in the office, I know how much you love going out." He started, I smiled softly, understanding what he's saying. I put my pen down and leaned back.

"It's okay, don't worry. I understand." I smiled and bit a small piece of my donut.

"Good, thank you." Dexter stood up again and left the room for me. I was eating my really tasty donut and looked at the papers in front of me. And then at the letter. The invitation.

Brahms wouldn't like it much if I leave at night. The past few days.. we've slept in the same bed. Like a couple but I don't think that's what we are. He just wanted me to lay next to him, so I did and then I fell asleep.

I just hoped he'd let me leave for the Christmas party. I know he will, he'll see me in my dress or maybe suit if I want to and he'll be happy. And when I come back to the house, I'll go straight to bed! That sounded like a good plan, actually. 

Hours went by and I read through so many reports and cases. Once or twice Dexter or another colleague of mine walked in, they brought me some food.

We had this unwritten rule that if someone has to work in the office, we bring them food because mostly we get so fixated on the papers we forget it. And I'll definitely enjoy it when I look up and there is a plate of spaghetti or zucchini rice with a really good asian sauce. We bring the most delicious food to our office workers.

Someone knocked against the door, then they walked in. I looked up. Carolyn was leaning against the doorway and smiled.

"Hey, you." She said and I smiled, standing up from my chair.

"Hey!" We hugged and she followed me back to the desk, sitting down across from me. We drank some coffee.

"We haven't talked in a while, my friend." She claimed and raised an eyebrow. I chuckled and shrugged my shoulders.

"Yea, I know. I'm sorry." I mumbled as she threw one leg over the other and leaned back in the black chair of my office.

"Are you going to the Christmas party?" She asked, I nodded slightly even though I wasn't entirely sure if I actually wanted to go.