Chapter 5: Molested

Pari's pov

I was sitting at Mr. Khan's mansion. They are not allowing me to leave. I'm getting restless with each passing second. I took my phone and googled his name. The first link i saw was the link up rumours. I tapped the link and immediately the photos appeared which was just clicked few hours back outside my dance school. The media is too fast.

Riwaz Khan has been spotted again with his rumoured girlfriend Pari Deshmukh..

I was not feeling well after seeing this. They had researched about me thoroughly. I have changed my surname few months back. I rejected my father's surname and took my mother's name.

Riwaz is a superstar. Nothing will happen to him but my career can get ruined after this rumour. People are already hating me. They are thinking that I'm responsible for Riwaz and Inaya's break up.

My trance broke when I found Mr. Patil entering the hall. He is Mr. Khan's manager. He gave a smile to me and sat infront of me.

"I know everything is not going well right now...Sir is also distributed...Riwaz sir and Inaya mam has signed four films under the KSF banner but few minutes back we received a call from the director...he has casted other pairs for the films.....he is scared that after breakup noone will like them onscreen.....these days public is everything....we have to work according to their preferences...."

"Why are you telling me all these?"

I asked him. I just want to go home. I'm feeling suffocated here.

Mr. Patil took a deep breathe.

"See this...."

He gave me a magazine. He showed me an article and i read it. The article has written so many bad stuffs about Mr. Khan. It has written about his past link ups, how he used innocent girls and then ditched them. The article has mentioned him as a Casanova.

I looked at Mr. Patil.

"Everyone knows that actors and actresses are like this"

I said.

"Not our sir...he is not a Casanova....he always loved only one person and that is Inaya thakur...these all are bullshits...he is a great actor and he has many enemies in this industry...they are always ready to throw mud at him...now they got another opportunity...this time his career is really getting affected.....many projects has slipped down off his hand....Riwaz sir loves his profession..he is very passionate about his career...And this is ruining right now...I know who are doing all these...they have all ganged up against him...Riwaz sir is a self made star.... he is not a product of nepotism..... That's why people are jealous of him and......."

Mr. Patil took a pause. I agree with him totally. Once I had a huge crush on Mr. Khan. He was my favourite star. I have read everything about him. How he came this far, how much struggle he did to made this here. I had a huge respect for him. But after seeing his rude behaviour, my respect slipped down. I started to see him as an arrogant man.

"You know Pari, our sir's only mistake was his one sided love....Inaya mam never reciprocated his feelings but he kept on loving her....I know him from those days when he was a common man...i have seen his struggles very closely....He used to had single meal months after months...he got rejected multiple times but he never gave up...But his only weakness was his love for Inaya mam....And truly speaking I'm happy that Inaya mam left him....but i never imagined that his career will also be affected like this....there is only one way to save his career"

Mr. Patil stared at me for some time. He is hesitating a bit.

"Only you can save his career"

I was actually shocked. How can I save his career?