Chapter 3: Don't leave me

Author's pov

She went to the terrace. She sat on her knees infront of the small temple which they had built on their terrace. Everyday she prayed here for half an hour. She has become spiritual these days. She believes in God truly. She believes that God is there to protect us and to shower his love on us. God can never give up on us.

That's why she has came this far. She received a peaceful life with a loving husband and beautiful kids.

Her prayer got over and she stood up. She stood on the edge and looked at her city. The whole Kolkata is almost visible from their mansion.

Her phone vibrated and she got a text form her husband.

Will be late.... don't wait for me..

She smiled but at the same time a small frown appeared on her beautiful face. He is doing this for the last few weeks. Coming late from office and sleeping without having dinner.

In the morning he is again leaving early. Is there anything which is bothering him? She decided to talk to him tonight.

###

She heard the sound of his car at midnight. She looked the time. It's 2:30. She closed her eyes and pretend to be asleep. She heard him entering the room. He is changing now. He walked inside to shower. He is taking longer than usual.

He came out finally. She closed her eyes. His phone is vibrating. She opened her eyes slightly and found him staring at the screen with annoyance. He received the call and whispered something.

"Don't call me when I'm at home...."

He is looking absolutely pissed off. He disconnected the call and walked towards the bed.

She closed her eyes. He is not getting on the bed. He is probably standing silently. After a while she heard his foot steps. She opened her eyes and found him leaving the room with a pillow on his hand.

After a long time tears gathered into her eyes and they fell one by one.

After 2 years of heaven, everything is shattering.

Today she realised that every happiness must come to an end.

Her lips quivered and she covered her face and cried silently.

"Why Anu? Why?"

She heard many rumours lately but she never paid attention to them. But today when he left with that pillow, her heart started to sink. Those words which she is hearing for the last few weeks echoed.

"Mrs Chatterjee, don't you know that your husband's name is linking up with Mrs Nina Bhaduri....Infact i heard that they are spending lots time together on his office...infact they went to Mauritius last month....some reporters clicked their photos....."

Mira closed her ears with the pillow. She will not believe any of these rumours. What rubbish she is even thinking. The man who is insanely in love with her, will never ever do that.

She trusts her Anurag.

.........................................

Pari's pov

I walked inside the Balaram studio. I came here for one of my student Sania. She has been selected as the background dancer for a music album. She was bit nervous that's why I accompanied her.

She walked inside to give the dance audition. I waited outside.

I haven't slept properly for the last few days. I won't deny but I'm scared to some extent. What if my father has already taken money form that Chauhan? What if he started to chase me around? How will I protect myself?