Chapter 1

My mother calls me screaming.

She's hysterically crying and telling me to come home as fast as I can. And then she hangs up.

I panic as I quickly take my backpack and book, getting out of the woods. I don't know what's going on or what happened. But I know my mom doesn't have feelings, so if she's crying, it's not good. I run as fast as I can, worried about what I'll find home.

I had all kinds of thoughts on my way. I thought that father did something to my mom, or to Lucas. I thought that the house burned down. I kept checking my phone and repeatedly calling mom, and she hung up every time. That only made me ten times more worried.

But then I open the door. Step in the living room. And without even realizing, I'm on my knees.

Crying over my father's corpse.

He was shot in the head. And then I see the gun, right there, in his left hand. Mom and Lucas are crying over his cold, pale body. And in seconds I'm joining them too.

I'm in shock. My head full of questions and no responses. Why did he do this to himself? Was it my fault? For how long did he want to do this? And then realization hits.

,,Oh my god.'' I sob, Lucas and mom turning their heads to meet my eyes. ''This is all my fault'' I say. ,,I- I got into a fight with him before leaving today. I told him I hated him.'' I wipe my eyes. ,,I told him I didn't want him to be my father anymore...'' I speak, right below a whisper.

My mother quickly jumps in, saying that it's not my fault, that he was sad and suffering for a very long time. That today's fight with him had nothing to do with him killing himself. But I don't even hear her. I made up my mind. I already convinced myself that I'm responsible for his death.

And there's no turning back from my own thoughts.

I watch as they take him. I watch as they put his corpse in a body bag. I watch as I know this will be the last time I see him. And I can't stop crying. I want to, but I can't. I try to stop but tears just keep rolling down my cheeks.

__________________________________

Hello! This was my first chapter, tell me what you think of it. It started pretty sad but i promise the book gets happier. It will really help me if you voted and told your friends about my book. Hope you have a wonderful day🫶🏻