Chapter 19

Chapter 19: First Fiancee

HINDI ko maiwasan na mapasimangot habang kaharap ko ang salamin. I can clearly see my huge eyebugs. I can't sleep last night for some reason. There's something bothering that can't keep me from sleeping.

I found some make up and put something on my face specially near my eyes. Pero kahit anong takip ko ay halata pa rin talaga. Kaya sa huli ay sumuko na lamang ako.

Maaga akong sinundo ni Count Edward na mukhang hindi maganda ang mood.

"Anong problema mo?" I asked him as we walk on the long hallway of the castle.

I see some maid cleaning some painting and sweeping. Nangunot noo ko dahil parang lahat ng mga katulong na nakikita ko ay nasa thirties na.

"I should be guarding his highness right now but he instruct me to guard you," he muttered with resentment.

This dude really hates me to the core.

"Bakit nasaan ba siya?"

"His highness hunt early morning with the Baron," he answer.

"Bakit hindi niyo ako ginising?"

Sayang naman. I want to wonder around.

"You're in deep sleep. We tried to wake you up for three times," he said as a matter of fact.

Napangiwi na lamang ako dahil halata talaga sa boses niya paghihinayang dahil hindi siya nakasama. I could trace in his voice that I annoy him to the core. Which is good.

"I can protect myself from danger. Bakit hindi ka na lamang sumama?" I stated as a matter of fact.

"You don't know much about this place and it's people. His highness worried about you bringing you here," he said seriously.

Nakuha niya atensyon ko dahil sa sinabi niya. I stop  walking and face him.

Nangunot noo ko.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

He stop from walking when he realize that he said something that he shouldn't told me.

"It's nothing," pag-iiwas niya.

"Fine. I find the answer on my own," sagot ko.

So, all this time they just used me as spacegoat to visit this place. They want to investigate this place.

Naalala ko bigla ang nabanggit kagabi ni Count Edward patungkol sa fallen noble. May kinalaman ba ito sa kanila.

Or there's something else. . .

Then something flash in my mind. His highness hugging Christine last night.

Are they hiding something from me?

Just like affair between the Crown Prince and Lady Christine.

Eh gago pala yun!

Bakit pa niya akong ginawang fiancee kung ganun!

I clench my fist and walk faster. I hold the hem of my dress because it's too long. Baka madulas pa ko.

Sa sobrang inis ko sa kanya ay naglakad ako ng mabilis at binangga si Count Edward. I heard him groan that made me smirk. Serve him right.

I glance at him for the last time. He is holding his shoulder.

"Where are you going?" He shouted.

"Away from you," I shouted back.

HINIHINGAL AKO NG MAKARATING AKO MAPUNONG AREA. I roam around my gaze to find any trace of the Prince. All I see is frozen trees and  ground that is covered by snow.

I hug myself when I realized that my body is freezing to death. I could felt my entire body trembling.

"Nasaan na ba kasi ang Prinsipe na yun!?" I said as I walk in the middle of freezing forest.

I brought sword inside my dress before I go out. I know I will be going to hunting ground. Dangerous animal might attack me.its better to be safe.

I blow my some wind in my palm to warm it. Nanginginig na Kasi. I have no gloves.

"Look what we have here!?"

Napatalon ako sa gulat ng bigla na lamang may sumulpot na mga kalalakihan. Napalunok ako dahil sa marami sila. Idagdag mo pa na may malalaki silang mga katawan.

What makes me more tremble is there creepy smile that remind me of that incident. Napaatras ako nang lumapit sila sa akin.

I roam around the environment where I am in..i want to find the best way to run away from them or a place where I could fight better.

I glance at them again. There are five of them. They are wearing coat that is made of wolf fur.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito, Binibini?" one of them asked playfully that send chill at my back.

Napahawak ako dress ko, naghahandang kunin ang dala kong espada.

"I am a guest of the Baron," I answered.

"I see . . . a new heart," they said as they glance each other.

I held my sword when they glance at me preparing myself from any attack. But I was surprised when they just turn around.

My brows met when they walk away from me.

Due to what happened, I return in the Baron castle since I am afraid that I would encounter some dangerous.

If I didn't mention the Baron, they would do something bad to me. But why? Are they afraid of the Baron but . . . I can't see any trace of frightened.

When I arrive at the Baron castle, I felt that my bones is trembling due to heavy snow.

I was about to walk upstair where my room is located when I notice that the hallway is dark. I roam around my gaze to find other people but nothing. Then my gaze landed on the spiral staircase.

A lighting strike which illuminated on the glass window and give light on the stair. My brows met when I saw a Lady wearing a white dress.

"So you're his highness fiancee," her voice echoed on the castle.

I just nodded because I am still suprise by her sudden appearance.

"S. . ino ka?" I asked almost stuttering because her presence somehow send chill at my back.

She walk slowly on the stair while her eyes is on me. I can't help but felt awe at her. She walk elegantly at the stair.

Nang malapit na siya ay hindi ko maiwasan na mapahanga sa ganda niya. I want to pint her! Her beauty mesmerize me!

She have this long silver hair that is neatly comb. And she have white skin like the snow. Parang hindi pa sya nasisikatan ng araw. And her ocean blue eyes that I like her the most. It was like staring at the ocean.

"I should be the one asking you since this is my territory,  who are you?"

Huh?

"As you've said, I am his highness fiancee," I answer firmly.

"Do you think I am foolish? I know his highness like someone else. . .and that's not you," aniya.

My face distorted at her words. For some reason I felt my heart shutter at her statement.

I clench my fist,"but he introduce me to his family which justify that I am his fiancee."

"Now I answer your question, I am returning my question again. Who are you?"

She stand properly and chin up. She hold tightly her satin and look at me with no emotion.

"I am his highness first fiancee, " she answered that made my jaw drop.

****

Itutuloy. . .