Leaving In A Fast Lane

Start from the beginning

" Thanks Ben! See you tomorrow." 

" Do you have to go home early? we are about to head to your victory party" Ben

" yes, I promised my mom" I

" okay Bye A" Sam

" good night A" Ben

I waved good bye to them, and walked to my drive way. The lights are out, I wonder if mom is sleeping. I unlocked the front door, and walked in; I could hear someone sniffing.

" mom is that you" I called out

I walked to the kitchen and didn't see her, I walked to the living room and I saw my mom curled up on the sofa holding dad's picture, and crying. I saw a mug full of tea and a box of tissue next to her.

" mom are you okay" I asked sounding sad

" no honey....sniff...your....sniff... dad has passed away, the general came today and told me while you were racing, I didn't tell you, because I didn't want you to lose the race" mom said while crying uncontrollably now.

 I rushed towards her and hugged her, I felt tears coming down, but I couldn't find me self to cry out loud. My dad passed away I can't even cry out for him. I was in shock and mad at him, he promised he will be home for my graduation and the champion game. Now he was dead and not going to be there.

" I am sorry honey...sniff...I miss him a lot, he was my first love, and I lost him" mom still crying

" shhhh mom, everything will be fine, I will take care of you I promise." I said While swiping my tears away. I took my mom's hand I walked her to her room. I lay down with her in my arms, until we both feel asleep. That night I dreamt about my dad, I remember the first time he took me racing, I was about 10yrs old. He went to a race track and I saw my dad racing. He looked so happy, when he was done, I told him that I wanted to be a race car driver just like him. On my 14th birthday my dad got me a motorcycle and I started to motor cross. The next time he came home, he took me to a car race track that is where I meet Jim. I was in love with the place. My dad taught me how to race, and fix cars, when I turned 16 he got me my first car. It was a Honda Civic, with a new engines, it is a fast car till today. On my 18th birthday which was just three months ago he got me my Yamaha motorcycle. I was so happy I jumped up and down and almost hurt myself. My dad and I build our back door shop, we worked on all sort of cars. He was a loving person and cared about everyone in the community.

I felt some one shaking me, I didn't want to wake up because I was happy and my dad was still alive in my dream. The minute I woke up he would be gone forever and reality will come crashing down on me.

" honey wake up, your dad's stuff is here" mom

" okay mom, I am up" I  said while waking up and grabbing my eyes, I was so tired and my head was hurting so bad. We walked down stairs and my whole family was down stairs, including my friends. I looked up to them and I saw them smiling at me and saying they're here for me. I didn't feel like talking to any one, I actually wanted to just go for a run; I wanted to leave the house, every comer I turned there where pictures of my dad and everything he has ever made. The whole house reminded me of him, because he built it.

" honey  you ready to open the bag" mom said

" yeah, thank you guys for coming here" I said whiling looking up the people crowded in my living room

We took the first bag, opened it and found my dad's clothes. Me and my mom took one shirt and started to sniff it. It smelled just like him, tears started to run down my cheek, but I quickly wiped them down. I looked over my mom and she was crying and my aunt was holding her. I looked at her to ask if she is okay and she nodded and we proceed to the next bag. It had a letter addressed to me and my mom. There was also picture of my dad and I giving each other high fives on my first race.